summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 12, 2009

cold windy rainy = miserable

It is so cold and rainy and windy and miserable. The rain is turning to snow, which is blowing practically sideways. Camille is taking a nice warm nap in her new green bed, Jon and Charlotte Claire are playing dollhouse with Hess Trucks and helicopters, too. Mirielle is doing her homework, she seems to like being in college. I am thinking "nap", but not because I am tired. I am just thinking fondly of my blue electric blanket. Our furnace is not working, we have ordered a new motor....it will work when the boys get home from school and make a fire, though. It is an oil/wood furnace, and the wood burning part still functions. I would normally have made some oatmeal cookies on a day like this, to warm up the kitchen...but alas, the oven does not work, either.

I have memories of being little, and coming home from school. My mother was always there, and always willing to talk about my day. I try to be here when the kids get home from school, but it is Thursday, and it is the first day I will be home when they get off the bus. Dr. visits three days in a row. I wish I had some oatmeal cookies baking when they walked in the door. Oh well, cocoa and popcorn will have to do.

Well, I have things to do while the monsterbaby sleeps. She is kind of fussy today. Her dr. visit did go well yesterday, she is growing, and she was very pleasant to the dr. and nurse. She said, "ouch" about the shots. She has a cold, but her ears and lungs were good. I got a prescription for nystatin/triamcinalone cream, and after only two applications, her rash is almost gone. She just loves me, that's all there is to it. She follows me around and helps me do everything. She
"helped" me with the dishwasher, by taking out the spoons and tasting them. I comforted myself with the fact that I HAD rinsed them before putting them in....she helps me with the laundry by emptying the hampers, and filling them with toys. She helps me vacuum by following me around crying....so, I basically cut the housework short today. Today, ha. Everyday. But I do need to make up for it while she sleeps....so, off I go....

1 comment:

Renata said...

Oh my goodness - it sounds freezing there!! I think the electric blanket is the only way to go.
My mum was like yours - always at home waiting for us with afternoon tea on the table & we would talk & talk about our day! - I hope I'm like that with my kids.