summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 7, 2009

an EVEN MORE fun and exciting day....

This time for real. We went bye-bye with Daddy! We didn't tell the kids where we were going, it was a surprise.....it was a good day, right from the start. It started too early, of course, and I made some pancakes, scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese, and a nice pot of Dunkin Donuts coffee. We took our time, daddy slept in a bit, the kids played Wii and watched Hannah Montana. Then, we got ready and went.....they liked it that they didn't know where we were going. Jon did not want us to tell. It was the science museum. We hadn't been there since the older ones were little. Our older girls are at a girls' weekend, Ben had to work, and Joseph and Aaron chose to stay home. So it was just Paul and I, Samuel, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. I had two coupons, but it still was pricey enough, $30. The kids were so hungry as we walked through there though, I was sneaking them handfuls of pretzels from the diaper bag, as eating was only allowed in one small area. By the time we left, we were all hungry. I want to say "starving", but we don't really know what that feels like, do we? Anyway, we decided to go to the Chinese buffet. They really enjoyed themselves, and even Charlotte Claire had hot tea, two cups, with sugar. We are such good parents.

If I had remembered my camera, I wouldn't have to explain how adorable Charlotte Claire and Camille looked in their matching pink polka dotted skirts with brown floral tights. And how sweet they all looked gathered around the sand table. Or how "ducky" they looked, walking down the city sidewalks, with daddy in the lead, and me taking up the rear. Just walking in the city on such a mild day was a treat. It's a good thing it was so mild, we parked two blocks away.

One good thing happened today, when we walked past a young couple with one little boy, the mom said to the dad, "I want another one!"....I am pretty sure she was talking about kids.

Well, now we are paying the price for such a nice day. Camille slept from the museum to the restaurant.....maybe 1/2 hour. Charlotte Claire did not sleep at all. Now, the other kids are vegging out watching "The Jungle Book", and Charlotte Claire and Camille are grabbing each other's books, pushing each other, and crying......Camille obviously did not eat enough at the restaurant, either. She keeps finding wonderful things in the kitchen. I have already let her have a few handfuls of Cinnamon Life, one at a time, in the living room...a no-no.....She just fervantly wants the book her big sister has.....time to go! I need to get them to BED!

1 comment:

Renata said...

Sounds like a fun day!! (even with grumpy toddlers at the end of it!) It's nice to surprise the kids sometimes!