summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 23, 2009

staying up too late, again...

Okay, here is a picture of me, just to show that I do exist. I do love the background with this one, too. Some clothes on the couch. But a different couch...the other one is still nice and clear. Happy Birthday Suzanne! Mirielle made chocolate cakes, swirled with brownie mix.....frosted with my homemade buttercream frosting....yum....



Here is Miss Suzanne Eleanor, eight years old today!



Sonja K. looking cute in her school clothes...






Evelyn Joy.....


Today, my blog was featured in the blog of the family writer in the local paper.................................http://www.syracuse.com/cny-parents


I don't know if that is interesting or not, but Gina Chen asked me to link back to her blog, where mine is mentioned. And wouldn't you know, no one is up to show me how to do that....I am very computer stupid. So, hopefully the above address will work....
This was one crazy evening.....I made hot sausage, baked in the oven....and meatballs and sauce, with thin spaghetti. Suze did not even come to the table, said she didn't feel well. She had a good old time sitting on the couch with her new paper and envelopes and markers and watching "Wheel of Fortune".....Paul wasn't here for dinner, he had to go to a meeting. So, it was a bit crazy. We sang the "On Top Of Spaghetti" song at the table...well, some of us sang, some of us yelled at us to shut up. The younger kids eat their dinner, get washed, and get down....and sometimes we sit at the table and talk for a while....tonight, when we got the cakes out, the little ones came running back and got up to the table again...but not Suzanne. She didn't even want cake...(and here I am staying up so late, she'll probably barf tonight, and I will be so tired I will be tempted to pretend I didn't hear, and let Paul get up with her...).....I gave her a huge Polly Pocket set tonight, I just love picking up all those little pieces.......but they do have fun with them.
I am trying to exlplain why it was so crazy tonight...maybe because when Paul got home from his meeting, he had work to do for work, online.....and the girls all needed showers....Mirielle gave Camille a bath....I did most of the dishwasher, then passed it off to Margaret so I could do some laundry.....Sonja's light pink winter coat needed washing.....and the washer sometimes does not spin all the water out, so that means going in and re-setting it to spin again.....and all this time, things are HAPPENING. The floor was getting swept by a boy who tried everything in the book to get me to have someone else sweep, as he hates it, the pans were being washed by one of the girls.....the T.V. was on for Suzanne....(we never have it on unless we are watching a specific show, which we do not always do).....Camille is here ,there , and everywhere. She kept climbing up on the computer table tonight. Then Benjamin came in from his class, and warmed up some dinner....and had some cake, and talked for a while....Evelyn remembered she had homework to do, which took her right past her bed time....and Jonathan and Charlotte Claire were fooling around and falling out of the chair and rolling around, laughing and yelling...Camille was trying to get into the bathroom with the toothbrushing kids.....not total chaos, just some action.....
Now it is quiet and I do like it. But how can I explain how FUN the craziness can be? Like when I bring Camille out into the kitchen, where Ben, Ab, Mirielle, Mali, Aaron, and Evelyn are, and start singing, "When you're happy and you know it, clap your hands..."? And they all start singing with me? And clapping....Camille was delighted.
Well, I need to go check on that pink coat, she needs to wear it tomorrow....





















3 comments:

Amber said...

Chaos is good sometimes..keeps you on your toes..haha

mommeeof10 said...

When ever my washer is not draining correctly (I have a front loader), I remove the lower front panel, unscrew the inside of the pump and remove all the lint, change, small toy pieces, etc. Once I reassemble the pump, it drains fine again.

Cassandra said...

I love the sound of all that 'chaos'!