summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 12, 2009

cloudy and rainy morning, so cozy

And two of the little girls are staying home because it is elementary school field days. Now, they could go and have fun and learn some things....but if they don't want to, it is okay with me. Evelyn does want to go, so she is.

I went out and about yesterday to get some essentials, like bandaids and graduation cards. My son Joseph is graduating (we hope, he has some grade fluctuations, to say the least), my brother's son, my other brother's daughter, and two of their friends are all graduating from the same school. Joseph is having his party along with his cousin Pete, the older kids are going to a few of the other parties, and we are all going to my niece's party. I shopped for a few little gifts for them, plus some birthday gifts for some friends. I also had to stop at the bank, and go to Walmart to get Suzanne's disposable camera developed for school. 4 pictures of one girl, and two of the floor. Yes, worth $7.84.

I still have to go out with Benjamin and get a few things straightened out. He didn't end up going with me yesterday, he worked on the truck and thankfully it is running again.

With all these kids, one would think that I would have plenty of help taking Rosie out to pee. Not necessarily. Sonja can handle her pretty well, but some of the other little ones are skittish of her. They like her, but they don't want to hook up the leash and take her out. Joseph, Aaron, Mali, and Sam will take her out, but they're never here. Abigail doesn't like animals very much, but she does like Rosie. Not enough to take her outside, though. And Mirielle doesn't care much either way, she likes her all right, and will take her out if I beg her.....anyway, Rosie is doing a bit better about peeing in here. She still does it, especially when she is really happy to see someone. When the kids wake up in the morning, she gets so happy to see each one of them, she sometimes will pee a little bit when she greets them. She is such a social puppy, she doesn't even care about her food in the morning.

Blah blah blah about the puppy, again....but hey, she takes alot of my time. I have had to get up about an hour earlier each morning since we have had her. Ouch.

I do love rainy days. But Rosie still needs to go out, and that means I get wet. I can't just let her out, she'll go under the van and get all dirty, or go in the road, or chase the cats who knows where......I wish we had a fenced in area, but we don't and it isn't even on the TO-DO list.

Hey, maybe the rain will fill up the pool for us! It has been slow going. It seems like every time we turn the hose on, we need water in the house, so we turn it back off. Add in some evaporation, and the pool is only a foot deep or so.

The kids have 8 days of school left after today. Joseph is already finished, Aaron and Mali are done soon...they have some state tests....the end of the school year is such a waste of time. They don't do much but have fun and parties. Which is nice, but we can do that here.

Our school does one project in fifth grade that I think is cool. It is the egg drop. The kids have to design and make something to put a fresh, uncooked egg into, in hopes that is survives being thrown from the top of the school, courtesy of a few teachers. I have gone to a few to watch, and it is lots of fun. The teachers just take project after project, and toss them off the building. Each one is checked, and if the egg survives without breaking, the kids gets a certificate. There are also prizes for creativity, ect. The year Mali had to do it, we put the egg inside a teddy bear's head, and put a bike helmet on the bear that said, "Be Safe!".....it was so funny to see that bear dropped off the building. But the egg cracked. Kathryn had help from daddy, they encased the egg in spray insulation in a box. But Kathyn doesn't feel well today. I wonder if she is just scared to do the egg drop, embarrassed or something. She got up and got ready, then just whined about how she feels awful. She seems fine now. I even tried to guilt her about how daddy took the time to help her with her project, ect. But nah, she wasn't budging.

I am putting myself to sleep, and also I need to supervise the kids, as they have decided to have pizza for breakfast. Benjamin brought it home last night.

1 comment:

AUTISMOMMA said...

On the bright side, pizza is much healthier than say, donuts or pancakes! And if it has veggies, all the better!