summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 8, 2009

stormy evening...

Paul and Abigail are at a meeting, Mirielle is babysitting, Joseph is at a town meeting for civics class (way to wait 'til the last minute, Joe!), Ben is working...and I am going crazy! Ah, not truly crazy, but the puppy is in here, and I am getting weary of just being so alert. The kids just picked up hundreds of pieces of Waffletown, then Camille started to dump the bin out again, which resulted in much shouting...enough to scare Rosie, who wondered what the heck SHE was doing wrong. Charlotte Claire did not go to sleep for her nice nap, again, so she is fussing. She needs stories and cuddle time and bed. She DID yell she had to go pee during dinner, yay, she has been dry and using the potty nicely all day.

Aaron and Mali have "tons" of homework, and Samuel is helping out keeping an eye on Rosie and the little ones....we got dinner all cleaned up, and I even took care of a big load of laundry, and put more in the dryer.

Our dinner was courtesy of my mother-in-law. I got the dreaded phone call that she was coming over today, not dreaded that she herself was coming over, just that I suddenly had to clean up and look like I had things under control. Ha. She came 1/2 hour early, and I was in the bathroom....yikes. She is very nice, and the kids just love her. She made us two pans of noodles, beef, tomatoes, corn casserole. It was good, and the best part was that it only had to be heated up. No, the best part was it was in disposable pans. But I usually wash them anyway.

I have this idea of cookies I want to make, and just can't seem to find a time to do it....I have a container of chocolate covered cranberries, and a bar of white chocolate. All I need are some macadamia nuts and my plan can go into action. But maybe I'll just make them without the nuts....hmmm. Would my my kids love me forever?

I have spent enough time here, I have kids to play with and cookies to make....

4 comments:

Tereza said...

I think you should make them....Who knows...maybe you'll come up with a new recipe??? Have you seen my cooking blog?

Darla said...

All I have time to write is that I love this blog! I come on here daily now to get my daily "fix"! As I speak, my newborn baby has begun fussing and my next-one-up baby is pulling on my shirt saying, "Mom! Mom! Mom! I up!" :)

FLmom7 said...

Mmmm, those cookies sound good with or without the nuts...if you bake them, you send me some! ;-)

cheryl said...

You are very fortunate to have a mother-in-law who would spend time in her kitchen making a meal for all of you!! I have enough trouble making a meal for all of us, hey, can I adopt her?? Mine is too far away, even though she, too is a pretty good cook. I'm sure your MIL knows that you don't always have everything under control.. sorry, I'm sitting here laughing just a little.. I think she'd probably be surprised at how much you DO have things "under control". Anyway, I'm finding that dinner is kind of hard to make somedays.