summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 20, 2009

relaxing? ha!

We made candy today....when Camille was in bed. Jonathan liked the trains. Suzanne took this sweet picture of Camille...

Daddy brought home ringpops. I wonder if Jon notices that he is the only boy in the group when the older kids are gone....



Well, I cannot call today relaxing. No. But I can say it was fun. Fun in that "I-have-fun-watching-the-kids-have-fun" sort of way. We melted different colored chocolate wafers, painted the molds, and made candies and lollipops. I have recognized that I am somewhat of a control freak. I want everything done just so. I enjoy doing things like making pretty, summery-looking lollipops. So when Charlotte Claire wants to help - agh! I had to remind myself that it DOES NOT matter if the candy was sloppy, it was fun for the kids. And they really did have fun, they thanked me over and over again.....we cleaned up a bit, and went out into the hot tub in the rain. Now THAT was fun. We went around and each had to sing a song about rain. Jon made one up, which was pretty good.....about a little boy who couldn't ride his bike in the rain....then we went inside, got dressed and started on the pizza. I let Kathryn, Sonja, and Jon each spread out a pizza dough. (I had to confiscate Jonny's, it's one thing to have ugly candy, but pizza with holes in it, nah...)
Charlotte Claire did not pee in her undies today, not once. But she did poop in the toilet and attempt to wipe herself, which was not pretty, to say the least. Rosie did pee in here a few times today....Camille did take her clothes and diaper off a few times. Suze whacked Jon. They ran up and down the hall and around the living room over and over again. Suze got mad about something and sat out in a chair on the deck in the rain and pouted.
It is quiet in here now, finally after eleven o'clock. But I am too tired to enjoy it. I have been up for 15 hours and 45 minutes. I need to take a shower and go to bed, because, hopefully, tomorrow is another day.....



2 comments:

Tereza said...

making candy how fun!!! I'm sure it doesn't need to be perfect at all....after all it'll just get chewed up!!:):)

Debbie said...

sounds like you had an awsome day!