summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 22, 2009

it is not quiet in here...

and if it seems like my life is one big quest for quiet, I am sorry. It really isn't. It is just that after being up for 12 or 13 or 14 hours, it just sounds more and more delicious to have some quiet. The have been tucked in, but the four of them in that one room are bouncing off the walls. Camille is in our room in her little green bed, all nicely sleeping, and Charlotte Claire is in her crib in her own room, all nicely sleeping. Rosie, however, is jumping around like crazy. Joseph just put her outside. Jonathan, previously tucked in, is now back out here complaining that his toothbrush disapeared and doesn't want to go to bed without brushing his teeth. Never mind that there are like thirty toothbrushes in that bathroom, none is his. Some of the older kids are still up watching a movie.....

Today we got some things accomplished. Renewed my license, got Joseph's pictures for his visa application, took Kathryn to the dr. for her swimmer's ear, got her prescription filled, got Chinese takeout for Joseph, Aaron, Mali, Kathryn, and I....went to the dreaded Walmart, again, and got some things Jospeh will need if he stays for a year in Norway. Ibuprofen, new socks, bandaids.....and of course the inevitable things like bananas and puppychow. And milk and bagels.

We came home and had coneys and watermelon for dinner, then some of the older kids went to soccer, and I took the younger ones in the hot tub. It calmed them down a bit, but when they got their second wind, wow. I should have gotten them into bed right after we got out. They are just crazy tonight. I think it is the excitement of school getting out. Tomorrow is the last day. Ooh, and we have plans!! First day of vacation: beach! At least 15 of us will be going. Benjamin might go with us, that will make 16. If only Paul could get the day off....

Miss Rosie has to go outside....

2 comments:

Tereza said...

pheew...you sure have a lot of energy!! Right now I don't even wanna THINK about the beach...of course the fact that I'm packing up for summer conf must have something to do with that eh!?

cheryl said...

I saw you today.. did you see me? You were probably renewing your license, etc., I had an app't. down the street, at 3:40. Then I dawdled (is that how you would spell it?) around town until around 7:45 when I headed towards home. I actually went into Dunkin' Donuts and didn't buy donuts or coffee: just the bags of coffee they had a coupon for (4/$20). Which may seem like a lot, maybe not, $5 for a full lb of very good coffee? Which I will truly enjoy. It was hard to not make a cup when I got home, but I will certainly have one in the am..
Have fun at the beach!! I am burnt from today already. But the beach will be quite nice, with this quite nice weather we're having. The girls are leaving Friday, so they are pretty busy washing clothes, etc. And making me buy them gum.