summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 13, 2009

day at the amusement park...

And no pictures! My camera batteries must be bad, they were just recharged, and don't work. So I will have to describe my day....



Abigail and Mirielle and Joseph stayed home with Charlotte Claire and Camille. Paul and I took 9 of our kids, and two of my sister's girls. Rides and rides and rides....it was very fun to experience the excitement with the kids. The weather was perfect, partly sunny, breezy, not too hot, not too cold......the older kids went off by themselves to ride the rollercoasters and scary rides, we met up with them every few hours. So Paul and I only had 5 kids with us. It was so simple and relaxing. We went over to the waterpark are and while the kids were splashing around, I sat in a lounge chair with my feet up. My hands felt too idle, my arms empty. It didn't help that a young woman relaxing in the chair next to me was nursing a baby. Jonathan was the youngest there, and he is 5 years old! It was nice to focus on him and the girls, but I missed the two youngest...and I miss having a little baby. It has been part of my life for so long. This is the first time since I was first married that I have been not pregnant AND not nursing, except for the six weeks after baby Robert died.

Being in the amusement park was more than just a good time. It was quite a learning experience. In my own sheltered little world, I didn't realize the extent of disrespect that exists out there in the big big world. While waiting in the long line for the giant ferris wheel with Sonja and Kathryn, I saw a teenage girl take a picture of herself in a place where the don't shine, and show it to the boys she was with. What an uproar among the slobby kids. It was very disgusting. No respect for my kids who were standing in the vicinity, and no respect for me, who was not amused. So many young people heading in a questionable direction. And it isn't their fault. Who has encouraged them to keep themselves pure? Who has been a good example for them?




Kathryn, Sonja, and I went on the highest ferris wheel! You can see forever from up there, at least the whole theme-park. It was terrifying, but after I got used to it, it was fun.



We did do alot walking, but it was okay. There are no coolers allowed in the park, and we parked what seemed like miles away, and walked to the van and ate lunch, and walked back in. Surprisingly my knees didn't start hurting until around 7:30 pm. And we left by 8:30, so I did okay.

We are all a little tired today. We got up and went to church this morning, and got back at 2:30. The older kids stayed after for a graduation party, so we came home and ate lunch outside in the shade with the kids. They decided to clean out the little pool and refill it, using a bar of Irish Spring soap. Camille had soap all over her, so I cleaned her up before she got it in her eyes. It was nap time anyways.

It still is nap time....as much as I love my little Camille, I do enjoy nap time. It is down time. I SHOULD be doing things, but here I sit. I have laundry by the basketful to do, and the kitchen needs some attention, and dinner time is creeping up at an alarming speed....but here I sit. I want a full-fledge nap, but there is no time for that....and it is sunny and nice out, not a good day for napping. Charlotte Claire does not sleep for her naps much anymore. She lies down for a while, and then comes back out here. She wears a diaper when she naps, and she pooped in her nap diaper. So when I finish up on the computer, I have a special job to do.

5 comments:

Janis said...

Sounds like so much fun (well everything except the diaper!!). I need two days after a day at an amusement park to recover-that is IF I am in shape! I don't blame you for having a lazy day. Save the cleaning for a rainy day (or the day someone is coming over-that's what I do!)

Enola said...

Sounds like fun. We blew up the wading pool too. Right before we get ready to come in, I bring out the wash cloths and soap and let the kids bathe in the pool. They get a bath, think it's fun and no whining!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Sounds like a blast....I enjoyed reading your blog this afternoon...


Had some time to do some blog hopping...always enjoy finding new blogs!


Hope you will visit me. This month I am posting on our Disney trip.

Cassandra said...

I cant believe no pictures! lol

That was thoroughly disgusting what that girl did, i think the same thing often, where are some of these teenagers headed and where are the parents? just what kind of a role model are they? I am so wary now a days of that kind of thing....

Anyway i am glad you had a good day and i loved hearing about it!

Cassandra xx

Tereza said...

Sounds like a great day! We ended up at the beach today~great day for that too!