summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 13, 2009

saturday surprise!!!

Today we are doing something fun fun fun! Well, to be honest, fun for the kids, probably a torture for me. Or along that line. Any any anyway, we are going to Darien Lake! Kathryn got some tickets from school, so we are getting a discount. The kids' activity club was going to try to go, but it didn't work...and it just felt into place for us to go. Nice weather forecast for today, no other plans....even Paul is going. 14 of us are going.

I have to go pack my camera, make some egg muffins for breakfast, and make sure we have enough of everything for the day, as the food at places like this is untouchably expensive for us. Some of our kids have been to Darien Lake before, but we have never gone as a family. Oh, and why is it torture for me? Walking. Walking. I'll survive, I'm sure, but my idea of fun would be the beach....anyway, the kids are excited, and what could be more fun than a few hours on the road each way, in a big van with no air-conditioning?

6 comments:

Robin said...

Have a great time! We went to our Iowa amusement park recently and it was so fun.

Debbie said...

that is awesome! Have a fun day!

Jen said...

Have fun! I used to live in that area--I think it was about 2.5 hours to Darien Lake for me? Ah, I miss it. It's probably better now because it's part of Six Flags, right??

Cassandra said...

Have a great time with the kids and Hubby Della!
I know you will anyway, even with all the walking ;-)

Cassandra xx

Piper Paradise said...

Funny, I had no idea what Darien Lake was and I thought "The lake sounds relaxing" until I googled it and realized what it really is! I bet it won't be the most relaxing but oh so fun for the kids. Enjoy!!

cheryl said...

I was thinking of you all day.. Ellen and Audrey came home and went to bed, but said (with their hoarse voices!) that they had a really great time. I wanted to hear what Jon and the rest of the younger ones thought, but I guess I'll have to wait to read it and see some pictures! I won't be going in the am.. I've hurt my back again. Thanks for bringing them, I'm glad it went well, and I hope you're still standing.. I remember going a few years ago, and it is pretty exhausting with a lot of kiddoes to watch, and make sure they do everything (at least twice!)