summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

stayed home all day!

And it was a nice one. I sorted through Camille's clothes, which was very sad for me. What if she's the last one? I put away little bonnets and booties and tiny little outfits. I then decided it was too nice a day to spend entirely inside, so I did a half-effort job, to say it nicely.

I went in the hot tub with some of the kids. The sun was warm, and the tub temperature was in the low eighties. It was very refreshing, but I turned it up....after dinner Paul and I went in with some of the kids. Camille is so funny in there. They all think it is a swimming pool, and they go under water and everything. Which is NOT relaxing. But it IS fun. It also seems to relax them to go to sleep quicker.

So, we have a 30ft. round above-ground pool in the backyard. We had it put in right before Samuel was born, when I was 8 months pregnant....14 summers ago. Well, the liner has had some issues. We ("We" meaning Paul) drained the pool, cleaned it out, patched the holes, and refilled it. Well, we TRIED to refill it. I kept telling Paul it should be full by now...there is maybe a foot of water in there...obviously there are still leaks. So....a new liner....I am going to call a few local pool places to see how much they charge to install one. Paul is not up for trying to do it ourselves.

Abigail and Mirielle are done with college on Thursday. Abigail is done for good!!! She is done! Mirielle has a ways to go....

Paul is putting Camille to bed. Yes, I am a bad mommy and put her to bed with a bottle. It works. She goes to bed so willingly and happily. She just said night-night to all of us.

Rosie is being bad. Here I have all the kids in bed (except for Abigail, Mirielle, Joseph, Aaron, Mali, Sam and Margaret), and the puppy is barking and going beserk. No thanks! I think one more potty break, and it's in the cage she goes. I give her a few toys, and a chewy thing and she goes in without any protest. Some times she does whine a bit, but too bad. She gets over it.

I am tired tired tired....

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Packing up th baby clothes always makes me sad too (((())) I hope she isnt your last ;-)

Cassandra xx