summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 18, 2009

grocery shopping.....

rainy rainy weather....I could just dive into bed with a good book...but no, there is Rosie to take out to potty, laundry, kids....which I love taking care of, really. I had to take Mali to school for a test, and I stopped at the library. I got a few books, one is "Shopaholic and Baby" by Sophie Kinsella. A light and fluffy book, quite entertaining. Especially because it takes place in England, home of the nice prams, notably Silver Cross...and since the main character is pregnant, she starts noticing prams....Why in the heck don't we have prams here in the U.S. of A? Anyway, I am halfway through it, somehow.

Mirielle and I went shopping with just Charlotte Claire this afternoon. Target and Price-Chopper. Oh, and a stop at the Dunkin'Donuts for a coffee for me, and iced latte for Mirielle, and an icewater for Charlotte Claire. Yum. I love driving down the highway drinking my coffee.
When we were almost home, I said to Mirielle, "I would like to go home, go in and take a shower, then climb into bed with my book..." We laughed and laughed. Then laughed again. When we got home, put away the groceries, had dinner, and were cleaning up, I told Paul my hilarious little story. He laughed, too. So anyway, when everyone was tucked in tonight, I started my book. I am a fast reader, I will finish it by tomorrow morning. I will be tired, though.

Charlotte Claire peed in the yard today. Oh, and Kathryn, who is 11, took all the younger ones except Camille into the hot tub in the rain...then they jumped on the trampoline....I looked out the window and Suze was out there in her underwear....the neighbors must love driving by here....

Well, I have to finish my book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connor loves to pee in the yard! Kids will be kids! How are you? I saw a commercial for the duggars and I get so frustrated, I tell tlc (and the tv) that I know such a better mom they could do a show about! Maybe I will email them tomorrow! You, my sweet wonderful bloggy friend, are my hero and role model :)

Tereza said...

You have some sweet little adventures! Life is never boring huh?

cheryl said...

Hey.. I went to Dunkin' Donuts for a coffee this am, too! I had to pick Ellen up at 10:, so I figured why not just keep going?? We also went to Target and Price Chopper, and a few others.. did you see me? I didn't see you, but people were looking at me oddly (just kidding, they always do that). I heard it was Father's Day on Sunday.. so I did what any good mother would do, and bought presents for my children to give to their dad!! They said they'd pay me, though, and I do love a bargain.. It was the 1st day in a while that my back didn't kill me, so I shopped 'til I almost dropped, then we went to Kindergarten Graduation for Grace.. yes, I did cry, I stifled the tears though, so my family wouldn't be too embarrassed. I'm glad we don't have a senior this year..
Can I have the book when you're done? I promise I'll return it in a timely manner..

Mrs Marcos said...

In case you're not aware, 'Shopaholic and Baby' is the 3rd book in the Series. I think she has 4 books in that series and a couple others with different characters. I enjoyed them all! :)