summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

poor charlotte claire...

She didn't feel well yesterday...she was sick to her stomach in the morning. She was kind of blah all day, and had a long nap on the couch...she just sat with people and cuddled. She felt a little warm, but did NOT want her temperature taken. This morning, she came out, sat down with me, and started to get sick....she waited until Jon got a bowl, but, ugh. I feel bad for, it is hard to see sweet little Charlotte Claire all sick and feeling down. But it is equally as hard to think of all the other kids here, going blissfully on their way, unaware that they are in for it too, probably. Abigail and Mirielle brought Charlotte Claire and Camille to McDonalds and a playground on Saturday, she must have picked something up. (It does make me think of a line from a church song, "Let come what may, upon my way, I'll give my life each day".....) Part of me says NO NO NO, I do not want trials...but then I really want to trust God with my whole heart, that all He sends is for my very best. No one really likes sufferings, but when we understand that that is when God can do a work in us, then we can be thankful in the trials.

Aaron and Mali have no school left, except for state tests...today they are taking a long bicycle trip to Lake Ontario. They are crazy. It is like 42 miles round trip. Joseph is done with school....Sam is almost done, he took today off because he said his finals are done and they aren't doing anything anymore....why are they still going then? Oh yeah, they need to comply with regulations that say how many days kids must be there.

Camille is awake now, so I have to go greet her....she is such a sweetie-pie. I love that little bunny-face first-wake-up with wide-eyed wonder look she has....

3 comments:

Martha said...

Have Aaron and Mali arrived back home yet? ;) Getting to the lake should be easier than getting home as it is likely mostly downhill.

I hope your little one is feeling better!

Cinnamon said...

I stumlbed upon your site and had to laugh at your putting the baby clothes away.........maybe this is the last baby? Well I say that too but I only have 9 :-)

~Cinnamon

Sherah said...

I thought of that same song today when I was trying to do the good homemaker thing and make our dinner early to reduce the stress at dinnertime.

So I was making a potato ham soup and all was ready except for the ham. It was sitting on a plate in big chunks waiting to be diced, when Marie (3) asked if she could have some. I said yes, thinking in my head that meant "one" chunk, and ran to the bathroom real quick.

When I came back, 3/4 of the ham was on the carpet because Marie was trying to carry the entire plate "Is this mine, Mommy?!!" to the table. LET COME WHAT MAY....... =)