summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 8, 2009

monday morning

I made plates and plates of bagels this fine spring morning, but I have yet to see the cheery faces of Abigail, Mirielle, Joseph, Mali, or Margaret. The first two are college students, the other three are in school. Or are supposed to be. I have to go get them up for second trip. Late is better than nothing, I guess. Samuel got up and went, and he didn't get back from fishing until midnight. For a thirteen year old, that is way late on a school night. My little girls are dragging. To much light too late at night for good sleeping. There is this excitement in the air about summer vacation that seems to rev up a bit around bedtime.

The girls want to go camping in the yard for a summer activity. We have a lot of ideas, I am probably more excited for vacation than them and the reason they can't sleep at night! As far as camping in the yard goes, be my guest, girls, just don't expect me to join you. Nah, I'll stay in here in my comfy bed. But I WILL make you a campfire first and toast marshmallows with you. When I say the little girls, of course I mean Jonathan, too. Poor Jon.

Well, these kids are getting ready for school, and I need to get moving....

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Gee, it seems like yesterday that the older groups of girls were making those very same plans!! Who will tell the scary stories this time? If you need a chaperone..