summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 8, 2010

afternoon break...

These three, Sonja, Evelyn, and Jonathan came home on the second trip bus...Suzanne is still feeling lousy. Her temperature is 37.1, but she looks pale and "feels like poop", according to her. There is a hand coming out of this box....
AAAHHH...the hand is attached to a MONSTER!
I called the vice principal, and if she is reading this right now, no offense intended. She thought Sam was being disrespectful because he talked after she said to be quiet. She said Chris had nothing to do with it. She said Sam said he was only talking quietly, she took that as an admission of wrong-doing. Sam told me that it was just him telling Chris to be quiet.....and then asking what he had done wrong after he got the restricted lunch. RRRR. She was RIGHT, there was no arguing with her. And I didn't want to actually argue anyways. I told her that she needs to remember that Samuel is a GOOD boy, he wouldn't harm a fly, and he does not get in trouble because he doesn't like to cause anyone any trouble. She actually argued with that, and cited that he had a previous restricted lunch.....which was from a teacher that gave ALL the boys in that class the restricted lunch one day, and actually told me that Sam was not being bad, but she didn't necessarily want to apply favoritism. (she is related to me)......So, Ms. V.P. is convinced that Sam is bad news, and I was a bit offended, but I was pleasant to her. I told Sam that he should just serve the lunch, and when that woman speaks, just stand there. Don't say anything. If anything like this happens again, I will go to the regular principal, and beyond. I told Samuel that the world isn't always fair. He will just have to go out of his way to be respectful to her. But honestly, in my motherly heart, I want to slap her. How can she not see how gentle and thoughtful he is? How can she not see that he is always thinking of Chris? She does not know that Sam has known Chris all his life, and has gone swimming with him countless times when Chris couldn't wear his processor, and was totally deaf, and Sam learned this and was careful with him. (oh, if I only had a video of this memory: When Sam and Chris were really small, they were here at our house, and Samuel didn't realize that Chris couldn't hear him. They played and played together, Sam just talking away to Chris as they played with their trucks...)(Christopher was born with hearing, he lost it when he had meningitis at two years old) Well, that woman might be a sucessful vice principal, but she has no motherly heart.

Camille...and Abigail....

3 comments:

true blessings said...

aww that is sad and unfair..good to know God is on your side!

Martha said...

"But honestly, in my motherly heart, I want to slap her."

That is exactly how I feel! (But I want to slap someone else, and actually several of them.)

Virginia Revoir said...

What a cute video! I love toddlers. :D

I know what you mean about schools and dealing with stuff. It's so hard too when you only know one side of the story. I was punishing my older Asperger son for acting out so much till I found out they were just putting him the white, plain hallway everyday at school and all the kids were calling him freak. He had a disorder and instead of calling me or working with him, they isolated him everyday. That lasted for a year till I found out. I feel so sad about it.