summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 18, 2010

happy 25th, Emily

And while I am remembering it, anyone who makes derogatory comments about anyone, whether it is in front of their kids or not, is a fool.

No, I do not have very many opinions, but the ones I do have, I HAVE.

I am sorry about one thing: I was given a very nice award the other day, and I have not ignored it, I just haven't gotten to it yet. But I will. Maybe later when I can think straight.

We were actually thinking about taking everyone out to lunch today, but then when it came right down to it, Emily really didn't want to. I suggested company for lunch or dinner, but Emily wasn't up for spending the day in the kitchen, so I told her I would make her a nice dinner. Abigail had to go to the small city to make some resume copies, and Aaron wanted more job applications. So Sonja and I went along too. Aaron drove, which keeps me grabbing for the dashboard and putting my foot on my invisible brake, and telling him to watch out and slow down and don't follow too closely. He is a fine driver, actually, but I just would rather be the driver. So, Aldi had some especially good deals on produce: 3 green peppers for 79 cents, grape tomatoes for 79 cents.....so I got lots of good stuff for salad for today, and for the rest of the week. I also got a pineapple, some mangoes, kiwi, pears, and apples. Then we made a quick stop at Wegmans, if you call $94 quick. I didn't really want to be gone on a home-from-school day, but the kids were fine here. They cleaned up the living room and had a dance/excercise party. (we were only gone for 3 hours).....

We have a new chore plan in place, we will see. The kids have assignments that they are responsible for all week. So supposedly I don't have to even ask them to do it. Mali has to keep the shoes neat and it all clean and picked up by the door, which has to be done every day. She has it neat and tidy, and it is enjoyable to walk in the door and have it neat over there.

Right now, it is loud in here. Sam is playing wii, Jon and Charlotte Claire are wrestling, Sonja and Camille are wrestling, Kathryn and Suzanne are playing Sims on the computer, Abigail and Evelyn are just watching Sam, Emily is on her laptop, Mirielle and Margaret are making Emily a birthday cake. Paul just got home from work. Rosie is in here, taking a nap.

I made 4 pizzas when I got home, and a huge salad. The pizzas are waiting for a turn in the oven. Margaret couldn't start the cake until I got home with the flour, so things got a bit backed up. That's why I am sitting here taking a break...but the break is over, Camille pooped. again.

2 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

My friend has two ovens. I'm starting to think it would be nice to have two ovens and two sets of laundry machines. My laundry pile backs up sooo fast.

Heather said...

Sounds like a nice day home. I love the comment about holding on while your son is driving. I can very much relate to that. I just find myself gasping and holding my breath while holding on:) I really enjoyed reading about your lovely family!