summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 10, 2010

sunday at home

The kids were sitting at the table coloring last night. This is Joseph's picture. I am impressed. I got some of the kids dressed and ready for church this morning, and Paul took them in the big van...only to come back home because there was no one there. We are a small group, and most of the 18 and overs are at a fundraising event at the Carrier dome. We don't get to pick and choose the times and days, we agreed to do this and this even fell on a Sunday. So...I was staying home anyway, Camille is still coughing and I am not feeling so great.

So.....adopting a child.....for now, it is not going to happen. Paul is so busy as it is. This is one of those things that we would obviously both have to wholeheartedly persue, and not something I would want to have to "talk him into"....It isn't the money, it is the time. But honestly, if someone were to knock on the door, or call me up, and tell me there was a baby or a toddler or a child who needed a home, we would take him in a minute. Not that this is a closed door, but just not yet.

Jonathan likes to keep his coat on when he comes in sometimes, and Camille thinks it is her job to help him take it off. She is always aware of the way things should be, and this bothers her. She woke up this morning and came into our bed for a little while, and she is so funny. She said, "My bed is little, and your bed is big."

Well, I am not going to say that I am sick and tired of winter yet, but....I am feeling a little bit claustrophobic. Right now there are 12 of us in the living room. And Rosie the dog. It is fine when they just want to play or read or watch a movie...but when they get energetic, it seem like the walls shrink. Right about now it would be fun to plan a mid winter vacation in a warm sunny place with all the kids. ha.

Okay, here is the question of the day......

Does having one's period make everyone else treat one horribly, or does one just subconsciously act miserable, alienating oneself from everyone....? And what is it about hormones that bring on the "poor me" syndrome? Or is it just me? I cannot even begin to count my blessings, and yet...sometimes it is a struggle to do so. This too shall pass, but I am not interested in merely enduring these times, but I really want to be alot nicer when I feel miserable. (I just feel like locking myself in the bathroom for a good cry.....)

Today Aaron and Mali and Margaret and Kathryn are taking the minivan into the small city so that Aaron can get some job applications, and they are going to Aldi for me. I sent them with my "magic card" and a list, but told them they can get other things if they are reasonable, but to call me or text me otherwise...Aldi has such good prices on their fruits and veggies. It will be interesting to see what else they bring home. Aaron is the younges child we have had with a driver's license, he is just turned 17, in December. But he is a very careful kid. I hope.

So....I am going to get up and get moving and I am going to be oh-so-nice to everyone, even if they left the crayons all over the table or had hot cocoa and didn't rinse their cup or left their dirty socks on the floor.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Your post was so funny. I am feeling lonely, miserable and very sorry for myself (especially in the no pregnancy department). I have been not as nice to my husband as I could be, well ok, not very nice at all in fact and he asked me if this could be the same problem we encountered last month and now that my body seemed to have regulated itself (I have PCOS) if we could expect the same problems every month from now on, by that point we were both laughing and I felt much better. Even though it isn't nice it is reassuring to know there is someone else out there who feels the same way!

Dawn said...

Ah, yes, hormones. I've been having some success lately by adding protein to every meal and cutting way back on sugar. A la the Potatoes Not Prozac book.

Tereza said...

I noticed it too...must be universal.

Martha said...

hormones = ugliness

I usually decide to take a nap, after all that's what I made my kiddos do when they were feeling agitated. It works fairly well unless I wake up to a kitchen full of dirty dishes, cluttered counters and an overflowing trash can. :)

Martha said...

PS. I am impressed with the drawing too. Very good!