summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

home with ten kids....




Camille....she woke up from her nap with a fever, and didn't want anyone but me. So I held her for a while. But with all the older ones gone tonight, I had to make dinner. I kept it simple, making mini hot dogs, yuck, but they LOVE them. I put some olive oil, garlic, and mozzarella cheese on flour tortillas, and baked them, and served raw carrots, celery, and tomatoes, with dip. After dinner, they turned on music and were dancing, and she seems to be feeling much better now.







I forgot all about Suzanne's boat project, which is due on Friday. Every year the third graders get to build a boat, and then see if it floats in a pool at school. Yay, our 12th boat project! Last year I helped Evelyn make The Good Ship Lollipop, by using leftover Christmas candy. I am stumped this year. We were thinking Noah's Ark, or maybe another Indian canoe, or should I say, NATIVE AMERICAN. For Abigail, Paul took her out and picked the rushes from the swamp, and they wove them tightly, made a canoe, and covered it with rubber cement. Once they made a popscicle stick boat that really moved, powered by a rubber band. We have made boats of foil, boats of soda bottles, and boats of wipes boxes, and a boat of cardboard covered in plastic wrap. I thought of using the orange juice carton, on it's side, but Suze says someone already brought that in. hmm. Any suggestions?







Jon is busy tonight. He is cleaning the hair out of the beater brush of the vacuum cleaner. I did not ask him to, he just likes doing stuff like that. He keeps bringing me clumps of hair, and saying, "Look what I got!"







I gave Rosie a bath this afternoon, and after her baths, I had always just let her outside. Well, I don't let her out without a leash anymore, so I had to take her out quickly myself, and I was all wet from giving the bath....and I had washed my hair and it was still wet...and there I was, walking her down the road, wondering where my brains were......I didn't stay out too long...at least she didn't roll in the snow. But she always has to pee after her bath, as if anyone really needs to know that, but I didn't just bring her out for the fun of it. Anyway, she has SO much more energy since she doesn't get to just go out and run around whenever she feels like it.







It gets too crazy in here in the wintertime. They did not go out to play this afternoon, and they have some excess energy. Between them and Rosie... I am tired, and they are not. And I have to go help Suzanne with her boat.....

3 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

That is funny about Jon! Ha ha...

jen said...

How about a home-made Plastiki?
http://www.theplastiki.com/selector.php
Good environmental message. Gather up the small soda bottles you have and make a Catamaran by taping them together with duct tape, etc. Good luck! And enjoy all that snow - we had 6 inches and the UK ground to a halt, 2 school days in a row. My daughter (6mo older than Camille) refuses to go out in it, sensible child!

Martha said...

Curious George made boats out of newspapers...