summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 3, 2010

stuck in the snowglobe....

Well, today is cold and snowy. I know I already said that, but we are out of milk and eggs. We had pancakes for breakfast, and peanut butter and jam and fluff for lunch, and we are having a nice ham dinner. But I was going to bake cookies, and I can't. There is just a touch of milk, just enough for the tea and coffee. Even though we have a fire going, it is chilly in here. Well, it wasn't so chilly when I was up and around busy, but now that I sat down....brr. I went on the treadmill, I am so thankful for it this winter. After that I was actually hot for a while.

Jonathan stayed outside for at least an hour this morning. They all played for a while, but I didn't let Charlotte Claire and Camille go out, it is too deep. So now they have settled down for the afternoon. Suzanne is plugging right along making bracelets and necklaces with her Christmas beads, and Charlotte Claire is trying to help her. Jonathan has cars and trucks and airplanes all over the living floor, he is in another world. Rosie is tired out from helping Benjamin snowblow, and is napping right on Paul's feet. The Buffalo Bills are playing a homegame, and it looks the same out our window as it does on their field.

Camille pooped in her diaper, then took it off and sat on the toilet. Charlotte Claire is feeling better today, she didn't do anymore barfing yesterday. I am hoping that they don't all get it, though if they do, it didn't seem too bad.

Well.....Camille needs a nap. So do I but I am not going to take one.....although snuggling under my electric blanket DOES sound delicious...

1 comment:

Martha said...

I like your title. It does seem that the snow machines are on full blast lately, though there are spots where the wind has managed to uncover the grass int he yard and others where the drifts are several feet deep.

As uncomfortable as the cold is, a good snowstorm is unequaled in coziness when one is the inside and enjoying the warmth of a fire or furnace.