summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 15, 2010

where did the day go?

These days go so fast. What did I even do today? Nothing that won't have to be done again tomorrow, that's for sure. I had this realization today that THIS is life. This is it. It is just so easy to live barely tolerating the situations, looking always ahead to what I am going to do later, or where I am going tomorrow....or, heaven forbid, looking forward to that elusive nap.

Today, with this awareness that THIS is life, I spent some very nice time with the kids. Emily and I dragged out the Little Tikes kitchen, and the bin of play food and dishes, and some chairs and dollies and blankets, and made a little house for Charlotte Claire and Camille to play in. (and fight in)...then Emily went and picked up the older kids so they didn't have to ride the bus, and Sonja k, just to spend some special time with her. She took Sonja and Kathryn with her to register for classes, and to the store for milk. Emily is good that way, she gives the kids the time of day and makes them feel special.

Mirielle made brownies for the kids after school, one of those huge half/sheet pans. She did take some for activity club, but they ate all the rest, and I did not have one single bite. But not because of my super self control, I just wasn't quick enough. I should do that from now on, just wait a while, and maybe they will be all gone.

Paul and I and Rosie are the only ones in the living room. Charlotte Claire and Camille are tucked into bed, and the kids are all still at activity club. Any minute now the younger ones are going to come bounding in the door, telling us all about how much fun they had, or maybe one or two complaining about something their sister did to them on the way home.

and they are home!

1 comment:

Book Lover said...

So glad you enjoyed your day with the little girls. You are so right, life is right now. Its what happens while we wait for something else to happen. "playing" with those cuties would be right up there on my priority list:) What a blessing to have your older kids participate in family life and shoulder some of the duties. You're a great mom!

Blessings
Kim Chrisman