summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 14, 2010

busy day...

Emily and I, along with these two little girls, took Mali out to lunch today because she has been having a rough time. We then went to the RescueMission store, where I bought a sweet little cupcake jacket for Camille, and a pair of denim skorts for Sonja, for a total of $1.23. Then we went to a giant craft store. I got two battery operated candles for $1 each, a scarf for Mali for a few bucks, some beads for Suzanne, and a princess dress for Camille....for her birthday, probably. Then we went to the dr. appointment, and Miss Charlotte Claire was reading a book to Camille in the waiting room.


(that is Emily in the background) But they were not angels like this the whole time. No, they fought over these two exact same chairs. By this time (we were there from 2:25 until almost 4:00), it was nap time for Camille, and she cried three or four times. When we were finished, we took them next door to the little pharmacy, where I got them some Cheese-its and a few sweet tarts. Then they fell asleep in the van on the way to the dollar store...so Mali stayed in the van with them while Emily and I went in and bought 1 pound bags of frozen fruit, bags of frozen onion rings, organic soy-enriched waffles (for Mali), strawberry preserves, and hair ponies and a belt for Sam, all for $1 each. Then to BigLots, where I bought some Christmas candy for 75% off, and lots of chips and snacks that were reduced. I also bought some new socks and some batteries for the Elefun game Charlotte Claire got for Christmas, and hasn't played yet. When I say I bought some chips, I mean I bought 8 or ten bags. They were piled up on top of the cart, overflowing, and I found myself a little embarrassed....and almost as if Emily could read my thoughts, she said, "proceed to the register with dignity, Mother!".....it was quite funny. I know I am not a small skinny thing, and to be walking through the store with a cart full of chips....I told the cashier, "I AM having a party, you know..." And we are. Margaret never had a party for her thirteenth birthday, so we are surprising her on Saturday night and having some girls over. We don't exactly need that many chips for that, but when these guys go to activity club and to their youth gatherings, they are always bringing things. Oh, listen to me justifying myself.....chips are bad for you, and I bought chips.
The girls woke up when we got back in the van. It was a short nap, and they are still up and they are falling apart. Charlotte Claire doesn't take naps usually, but sometimes she falls asleep on the couch.
When we got home, Mirielle was making spaghetti - which consisted of heating up some yummy frozen sauce that Paul's mom had made for us in the fall, and heating up some pasta. I was glad to come home to dinner almost done, though. All the older kids went to the youth meeting after dinner, so it is just Paul and I and the youngest seven here now. And Benjamin. And Rosie, the dog who chews on things. She just picked up one of Jon's Hess trucks and walked away with it. Excuse me? Now she is chewing on a cup, and I don't care. She isn't being bad, she just has to chew on things.

The kids need Mommy....oh, after dinner tonight, Camille had already gotten down, and I was still sitting at the table with the older kids....she came up to me and said, "I want you, Mommy. You aren't busy!", and she put her arms up to be picked up. I don't know how she became such a talker, she is a minature person now. But so sweet and snuggly. Yeah, and they need me....so I need to get off this computer and read and talk and give attention.

1 comment:

FLmom7 said...

Oh, the part about the chips made me laugh, you are so funny! :-)