summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 4, 2010

okay, it is STILL SNOWING!

This is outside the front window....it still snows.....
and Rosie brings it all inside, hanging in clumps and icicles from her fur.

And, some people sneak her some People Food.

hmm. (this is not such a flattering picture of my handsome son, but it captures his guilt...)

I win the lazy award this afternoon. No, wait, I cleaned out the refridgerator, even emptied the drawers and washed them out, and made a triple batch of chocolate chip cookies., and did some laundry...but I took a nap. Over an hour, under the electric blanket. And when I woke up, I had no idea why it was so light out. So it was a good one. I am under this special grace, having the girls all here. Emily already proclaimed she was making soup for dinner. Mirielle is making homemade dinner rolls. Aaron is going out to shovel, and the boys have kept the fire going. One of them is cleaning the downstairs bathroom, too. But Emily has accepted a job offer, already. Seems being an R.N. is a good thing right now. She starts in a few weeks, and wants to find an apartment before she starts working. I tell her she is fine here. She says, "Mom, I am almost 25 years old" (which CANNOT be true, since I am 25 years old)) She won't be going too far, but still.
We are supposed to get more snow tonight, and then 3-7 inches tomorrow, then more tomorrow night. A wind system is just staying over the lake......I just wish we wouldn't run out of anything. I would stay home all week. But...i know sooner or later, I will be going to the store.
Jonathan is so cute. He is texting Aaron. He is sounding out words and typing them in. Charlotte Claire is still sick. She is sick with a cough and fever. I think the only reason she barfed the other day was because of the cough. Jon has the cough too. I hope it is the same one that some of their cousins have had....and I hope she gets better soon. She is sleeping on the couch, and Rosie likes nothing more than putting her big gumdrop nose right on a sleeping person's face.
Charlotte Claire is also very cute. This morning, Rosie was washing her paws, and Charlotte Claire said, "Rosie likes herself. She likes her paws."
These guys played out in the snow for a while again today, then had cookies and milk. I had just taken some out when they came tumbling into the kitchen, and they thanked me for making some "uncooked" ones. They like them gooey, right from the oven. I rather like them well done and crunchy. But I am easy to please.
I am not going on the treadmill today. My knees are sore. Oh well. I just have to be careful not to eat too many cookies. I probably have already had enough. I mean seriously, one cookie is enough. But....they are SO good.
Suzanne said she did not get ANY sleep last night. Jon was uncovered, so she had to get up and cover him up, then Evelyn yelled at her, and then this morning Jon was humming and it woke her up. She doesn't even realize how sweet she is, covering Jon up in the night....
And I am going to take Rosie outside. If there are some boots I can grab.



1 comment:

Tereza said...

wow you've sure had a lot of snow. We are waiting for a new batch this week too:) Right now it's raining.
enjoy your chefs:):):)