summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

ahh, home again...

Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Evelyn, Suzanne with Camille, and Sonja

and with Kathryn...
Well, all my wanting to go out and about ended in my really liking to get home....We went to the mall, I bought a few books at the bookstore that is going out of business. I got a 400 page Curious George coloring book for $1.50, a pretty butterfly book for Camille for the same, and a lift-the-flap board book.....then to Claire's where I bought one cute pair of slippers for Charlotte Claire for $4.....then to Bath&Body Works, where I bought some things for 90% off....lotions and baths stuff and lip stuff and 4 stuffed reindeer, and some loofa sponges....all for $11. Then onto the grocery store. Kathryn stayed home from school because she has been having headaches and not feeling well, so she stayed in the van with Joseph at the grocery store. It made me feel hurry-y, but that doesn't mean I was quick. We bought crushed tomatoes and canned veggies and bagged veggies, and milk and bread and chicken and burger and sausage and pork chops and oranges and grapefruit and bananas and butter and potatoes and sauce and pasta and salad dressing and bagels and cookies and cereal.....just stuff. I also got a dozen donuts, which is easy to do in Wegmans. Their bakery stuff is SO good. And it is all I can smell when I enter the store. A dozen donuts doesn't go far here, so they are all gone already, but oh, the chocolate donut with crushed peanuts...delectable. Since the two little girls' lunches consisted of crackers and apple juice in the van, and a cookie in the store and some different crackers on the way home, and some yogurt when they got home, I am hoping they eat a nice dinner. Mirielle and Emily are making meatloaf, roasted potatoes and roasted sweet potatoes, and broccoli. I am a lucky girl.
I have decided to skip Camille's nap today. After they snacked and we put away the groceries, I took the two little girls into my bed with me under the nice heated blanket, and read stories....then I put the books down, and Camille and I were all cuddled up, and I could have dozed right off....but Charlotte Claire had other ideas. She wanted to play, "kicking game" with Camille. Camille would've gone to sleep, but she couldn't resist playing the game...so I gave up. I didn't really need to go to sleep anyway. Camille stays up too late at night. Last night we put her to bed, I went in for my shower, and when I got out, there was knocking, very low down on the bathroom door, and I knew it was her....I tucked her back in, got in bed, and heard her prowling around. She gets out of her little green bed now. She needs to go to bed a bit earlier.
All the school kids are home, and things are busy around here....Rosie is chewing on a crayon....she is so much BADDER when she doesn't get to run free outside. I wish we could fence in the whole yard for her. When it warms up a bit I want to put up a few different runs for her, in different places in the yard....
Joseph has to turn off the internet to fix his PS3.....


No comments: