summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

aah, a break....

Okay, so I am very lazy, and take lots of breaks. But I like breaks. A break from what you might ask? Well....

1. cleaning and picking up.

2. wiping the floor after Miss Rosie-The-Bad-Dog took a rest and all the snowballs that were on her furry legs melted.

3. laundry...I have done so much laundry today....

4. unloading and loading the dishwasher.

5. preparing dinner, which some of my older kids protested about, but I made anyway....leftover spaghetti noodles, in two baking dishes with sauce and the leftover meatballs spread on top, with mozzarella cheese and parmesean cheese on top.

6. staying out of Mirielle's way while she prepared two loaves of French bread, which are now baking and filling the house with that mouthwatering smell....

7. Bugging Joe and Sam 'til they finally went out and shoveled the driveway. Nagging takes lots of energy.

8. Helping the kids get dressed to go out to play.

9. cleaning up the Great Gumdrop and Candy Party that Charlotte Claire and Camille had in the downstairs of their dollhouse....

10. having some of Mirielle's homemade caramel popcorn while watching "Charlie and Lola" with the kids....

(I DID say I take a lot of breaks...)

11. Having lunch with the girls, soup and grilled cheese.

12. writing and mailing a letter to Benjamin, including the new packet of stamps I bought for him.

So now it is a breather. Ben's friend is here putting the carpet down in Ashley's room. Mali is doing homework, Aaron went to work, Joseph is helping Ben's friend, Sam is now doing homework, the girls are playing in their room....the dishwasher is running for the second time today, so we will have room for the supper dishes....and it is peaceful in here. Peaceful and quiet aren't the same things, however it happens to be peaceful AND quiet right now. I'll take it.....

1 comment:

Tereza said...

oh yeah.... you deserve your break! Just bearing the noise is work enough:)