summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 7, 2011

how can such sweet children make such messes?

That bedroom, it gets SO messy SO fast. I spent like three hours in there cleaning today. I had Suzanne and Sonja to "help" me...but they had no vision. The did not get into it, did not want to do it. Then Emily came over and wanted Sonja to come to her apartment for a visit...I was the mean mommy for once, and said NO, because she hadn't been helpful, and the room was a mess. Sonja cried, I felt guilty, but hey, someone has to be mean once in a while. Otherwise they don't listen at all...and the thing is, once the room gets clean, they love playing in there and are all thankful that I helped them.

And the guilty part of it is that I know full well that I am not very good at maintenance...although now that my hands are free-er, meaning baby-less arms, it is much easier to keep up with things. So I do feel guilty because I should be making sure they pick up each and every day, making sure it doesn't get monumental before we tackle it. It used to be easier, many years ago when I had 7 or 8 kids, I could keep things under control...but somewhere along the way...anyway, enough about how it happened, it happened.

I took a break from cleaning long enough to put the pork chops in the oven, they had marinated overnight in the lemon pepper sauce. I asked Mirielle to prepare some veggies, and put the biscuits in the oven....the chops were so very yummy, the aroma as they roasted, oh yum. Okay, I know I love food, sorry, I just do.

Well, we have snuggled and had popcorn and some of the yummy Lindt Truffles that Emily bought for me at Border's, $1 for each 8.75 ounce bag...she gave me four bags....I opened one tonight and we shared.....(I know better than to open a bag of those when there aren't at least 6 people around...)

It is time for bed...Evelyn tried to help me out by brushing Camille's teeth, but apparently Camille wanted to use Evelyn's toothbrush, and of course Evelyn said she couldn't, so tears and fusses.....time for Mommy to move it...

1 comment:

crzy4myfam said...

I hear you. You can blink and it's a mess! LOL!