summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 6, 2011

almost bed time...

Since I stayed up until two o'clock in the morning talking to Mirielle and Ashley, I was so tired this morning....I went back to bed and Mirielle, who said she wasn't tired, got the kids off to school then took care of the two little girls for a bit while mommy slept. It was Oh-So-Yummy. We had to do some shopping today, so off we went. There was at least a six inch deep coating of snow on the van windshield to clear, and of course I had no mittens on....brr.

We went to Kohl's, especially to get my niece Hannah something sweet for her baby shower this Saturday. We got one, two, three, four....hmm, five sweet things! It was quite fun. I also got Mr. Jonathan a few shirts and a sweatshirt and some sneakers....he is only six, and his next up brother is 15, so we didn't save things. (Because the things Sam wore were probably already handed down....)

Then to Target, the place I shouldn't go to....well, they had marked the Christmas stuff down 90% off! I got two $15 containers of ornaments for $1.50 each, and lots of other sets for fifty cents. I will give them as gifts next year, as well as replace the broken ones form this year, courtesy of Camille....or perhaps Benjamin and Ashley will have a place, and a tree.....

Then to the grocery store....The little sweetiepies were good in the other stores, so they each got a blue Icee from Target, to keep them happy and sticky in the grocery store. Charlotte Claire didn't get sticky at all, actually, and Camille only at the end of it...she took the top off to get the last bit....

We got some bananas and romaine and green peppers and chocolate chip cookies (they were from the bakery, buy a 16 pack get one free...we hadn't had any lunch, and we designated them as our Van Snack...), tortillas and cheese and pork chops and popcorn and pasta and bread and milk and some FrenchToast sticks....

We headed home, enjoying some cookies but skipping our McDonalds coffee...wah, but some habits have to be cut....if I had gone through the driveway for that yummy steaming hot coffee, the girls would have wanted fries, and a burger...and I would have wanted a burger...so we headed home with our cookies.

Home: I made four pizzas for dinner, a veggie, a pepperoni and veggie, a garlic and cheese, and a plain pepperoni. Aaron made up a quick tossed salad, and we had a very good dinner.

Paul brought the kids home some treats for after dinner, cotton candy. I had treats for the older kids, count-town to Christmas with chocolates which were regularly $9.99 for 99 cents. Chocolate mints and mini peanutbutter cups and mini caramel pecan turtles. Yummy, indeed. But not worth ten bucks....

We also got some shower gifts for our friend Rachael who is getting married this month and is having a wedding shower on Sunday.

Camille is dressed in her pink princess gown and her plastic high heels, playing the ukelele. She is so darling and sweet, and right now she is tired....I need to get moving and get them read to and sung to and tucked in. The poor child has circles under her eyes. She does not nap anymore, and she just gets so tired out.

Someone stole Joseph's identity and used up all the money in his account, plus left an overdraft fee. He has to go to the bank and get it all straightened out, but I don't know how much he will be liable for. How can people do such a thing to a young guy who has so little money? How can people like this sleep at night? I told Joseph that whoever did it might get away with it in this world, but when he/she stands before God someday, his/her knees will be a knocking....

Well...time reading Skippity Skip and Cat In The Hat to Camille....

3 comments:

cheryl said...

That's too bad about Joseph.. it happened to Becky one time when she traveled, we think.. they had a good time in Las Vegas (the crooks, that is, not Becky, she was in Georgia!) I just saw Emily at Katie's.. you'll be very happy with the bargain she got at Borders (?)!! She bought something you really like at a price you'll like even more.

Rachel said...

Someone stole my idenity last year. the bank caught it but not before they spent all of my money and the band assessed tons of fees. All I had to do was go into the bank and sign some paperwork and they took care of it. It took a couple of weeks but I got every cent back including the fees the bank tacked on. I hope Joseph has the same experience as I did.

Kathyb1960 said...

That happened to a girl I work with, and when she went to the bank, they were very helpful. The Bank Mgr called the places for her to let them know the charges were invalid, but it still took nearly 2 months for them to get all the money back in her account. I hope Joseph has good luck getting it straightened out.