summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 7, 2011

oops......

He he he...I kind of didn't get out of bed this morning...oops. If you are a teacher and are reading this, sorry! I know today is a big day at school, but I totally cannot help it, I never woke up. Paul has today of from work, so we DID stay up extra late....of course, HE is sleeping in all nice and cozy...and I guess I did, too. I cannot blame my alarm clock, I do not use one. I always just wake up when I am supposed to, except for today. Well, occasionally one of the first trip kid will come in and get me up, but I usually am already awake....

I thought perhaps there was a snow day today, because no one had gotten me up. But no, no snow day. It IS a day that I do not mind keeping the younger ones home, however...the school is having a LOCKDOWN. A practice drill for that day which might happen, the day when an angry student comes in with a machine gun.....so this drill has all the teachers locking the kids into the classrooms for a half hour, out of sight of the door, keeping quiet, cell phones off....and um, excuse me if I am too Mommy-ish, but does this not sound terrifying to the kids?

So I am not too sad about sleeping in, not too sad at all....I just don't know what I shall say to the school nurse when she calls and asks if the kids are sick....

I haven't taken Rosie-The-Bad-Dog out yet, I turned on the computer to see if perhaps there was the ever-exciting Snow Day, then I ended up here.....oops again.

That poor dog is going to pee in her cage, so I shall be merciful....I get to go out in the new snow....yes, we got even more last night....

4 comments:

Family_Dauk said...

I know it happens, I really do, but a drill just like the one your precious little ones get to miss today scared my 9 year old nearly out of her wits. She was literally trembling when I picked her up. I understand they must be prepared, but I think there is an innocence lost when they are made so aware of such "adult" issues. I love your blog by the way!

Mom said...

So glad the kids didn't have to do that drill today. I guess I can see the benefit, but isn't it horrible that kids today have to do such things in order to be safe in public school. It makes me even firmer on my decision to homeschool. Glad you guys slept late!

Martha said...

Blah!I hate the whole school thing. (I'm sorry if a teacher is reading this too.) I love learning and I love kids. It is just school that I am not so fond of. It is hard for me to put small children on the school bus early in the morning, especially when they tell me they don't want to go. Unfortunately, my job requires me to send them anyway. :(

I think maybe I will sleep in tomorrow.

baristamom said...

OOPS! I did the same thing the week before Christmas break. I just didn't wake up. It was so disorienting, I felt "off" the whole day. I'm actually comforted to hear it happened to you, cuz I think you are ONE AMAZING MOM! And, a lock-down drill is a good thing to miss, I think.