summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

yes martha, I know it is freezing out there.

Today it was so so cold in here...then Paul, who is a sleuth, found out why: someone had turned off the furnace, although of course no one did it.

That is why Mirielle made the cookies, to warm it up in here...but the cookies are gone now, and the house is chily again...even when the furnace is turned on, we keep it low....I have my furry Christmas slippers on, and am cuddled under my blankie. I just wrote a letter to Benjamin. I am missing him. We got a letter from him today. He told me that the whole platoon was supposed to memorize the "chain of command", and only about ten guys actually did. The guys who didn't had to write it 500 times, then 1,000, and now it is up to 1,500 times....so when the guys are writing these things, he gets to write letters.... although most of his are to Ashley. I tease her and ask her to read them out loud....

Today is one of those days that I feel sick and tired of cleaning and cleaning and cleaning and cooking and doing laundry and then cleaning some more....just sick of it...but what good is that going to do, for me to get sick and tired of everything? Emily, my oldest daughter, says the definition of growing up is when you get up in the morning even when you are tired....I say it is also doing what has to be done when you do not feel like doing it. I was doing exactly that this evening, and lots of thoughts were knocking on my brain, but I decided right then and there to say NO to the grumbling, and just do what has to be done, and be happy. And it worked....I got happy....I still don't like the cleaning and cleaning and cleaning, but....I am bound and determined to not waste my life being miserable....no matter what. I really have it good, but that doesn't mean I don't have my trials and temptations.

And now I am tired....

4 comments:

Martha said...

I am betting at least a few of your children did not make it to school today. It's a good day to stay home and hide under a blanket with a heating pad on your lap. :)

Or make cookies...

Judy said...

Oh yeah, I hear you girl about getting so sick and tired of the constant cleaning and cooking and laundrey I am sure most moms do but you are right we can choose to be miserable or we can just accept it and be happy we are able to do it for our family. Happiness is a choice and I have to tell myself that daily. I think you outlook on things are great and inspiring and your kids are lucky to have you for a mom.
Judy

Martha said...

I did not make cookies. :(

mommeeof10 said...

Hubby is having some weird heat symptoms, so needs to eat healthier. No more cookies for me, unless he is at work? I think Apple crisp can be a better choice than apple pie. I like cookies, as evident by the 30 pounds I have left from #'s 9 and 10, LOL.