summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

joy of joys...my favorite noise...

It is not quiet and lonely in here today....because we are being visited by the Barf Bug. Jonathan was it's first host.....he has been pale and tired, lying on the couch for a few days. Then last evening, one of the girls whom I shall not mention, sat here on the couch with a bowl and...well, I shall spare the details....someone was already in the bathroom, so she couldn't run for it, and well....poor child needed to sit as well as stand...if you know what I mean....so we cleaned up this mess....and lo and behold, another child got sick during the night...now our living room is like a hospital ward....Sonja is still okay, but I decided to keep her here....I mean, three of her siblings sick in two days, she can stay here and get sick in the comfort of her own home.

I had to get up and drive Paul to work this morning because Mirielle and Ashley and Aaron and some cousins are going to the Dome in the minivan this afternoon for the basketball game, to do concessions....Joe needs the car for classes, Mare doesn't have school on Tuesdays. It was so pleasant to ride with Paul to work.....(he shaves on the way to work, and ooh, his nice smooth face looks kissable...)...sorry kids, if your are reading this. But let's face it, your dad is a handsome guy.

One of the children barfed in her bed last night. Only on two comforters. I am very thankful for my washer and dryer today....what the heck did the pioneers do? blah, their cabins must've smelled awful...Anyway, I choose to be thankful for running water and a working washer and dryer, instead of being jealous of families who have two or three or four.....

I do hate having the Barf Bug in the house. Hate it hate it hate it. I always feel naseaus when it is around...and nervous that the littler ones are going to be sick...if they cough, I grab a bowl. And what do you serve for dinner when they are sick? I WAS going to make spaghetti tonight....but who wants to ...? never mind.

We had pizza last night, our usual four yummy pizzas. blah, pizza does NOT go well with this post. Never mind.

So Benjamin seems to be doing well in Basic Training. He writes us often, especially Ashley. I tease her, ask her if I can read her letters. He has a good attitude about life these days, which is all a mom can ask for. He told us he is the Platoon Guide, under only the Drill Sargeants in the chain of command, for 55 people in the platoon. I have gotten my share of gray hair from Mr. Benjamin and his choices in the past, so I can brag about him a little now...

It seemed so warm out when I walked out the door this morning. 14 degrees. Not really warm, but hey, 27 degrees warmer than it was yesterday morning. And it is going up to 32 today! The kids should go out and play, if they can.

The colder temps are coming back after a few days, with more snow. It has been a heck of a winter here in central New York state. I feel like I am in a dark tunnel sometimes, stuck in here for days on end, hemmed in by cold and ice and early darkness...I do have two more library books, if everyone would just leave me alone and let me hibernate....ha.

My littlest princess just woke up and came out here in her froggy pajamas with her ladybug pillowpet, saying, "I did not pee, Mama, only a teeny tiny bit! And I got MUCH sleep!" She is bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning, so sweet and innocent.

Yes, sweet and innocent. Yesterday they played in Charlotte Claire's room for hours. They have dollies and dishes and dollclothes and strollers and a play kitchen and tons of other toys in there. I kept checking on them, making sure they weren't emptying the dresser drawers or cleaning off the entire shelves of toys, but they were good....then they got the bright idea of using the side which I took off the crib many months ago, and stored behind the crib, so it is like a toddler bed for Miss C.C., and propping it up on the crib so it like a ladder....if I hadn't gone in there and stopped their fun, they probably would have used it to reach the toys on the top shelves....

I am just hoping that I don't get this bug. When Mommy gets sick, she has to make up for all the stuff that piles up while she is taking it easy being sick, as soon as she starts feeling better, or even before that....but I will jump off that bridge when I come to it.....

7 comments:

Martha said...

I probably should have chosen another blog post to read while eating strawberry yogurt... but then I remembered to be thankful and say a prayer for you instead.

It has finally quieted down here. The little ones are settled for naps and Mom is dozing in my blue chair. It won't last long, but I am thankful for this little space of quiet.

Piper Paradise said...

We are in the same situation here - icky virus! Get well wishes!!!

16 blessings'mom said...

sorry Martha!!!

mommeeof10 said...

We haven't had that one yet, but it will probably make its way to virginia sooner or later...

Martha said...

Oh, that's okay. :)
Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Mom said...

Oh bless your heart! I hate the tummy bug and we only have two kids. I'll be praying that Mommy doesn't get sick!

Enola said...

Hope you and your family get rid of those sickies soon!