summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 20, 2011

what, no fair?!!

Kathryn told me about the Bates family....they have 18 kids. So I looked them up. I didn't watch any of the videos, but just reading was enough to wake up the big green monster in me...they have EIGHT bathroooms, FOUR washingmachines, and TWO industrial sized dryers. Hmph. Well, I am off to battle that laundry now...in my ONE washing machine....And perhaps I shall battle the jealousy that has been awakened in me, too....

6 comments:

Martha said...

I like you just the way you are. Imagine what Susannah Wesley had to go through.She didn't even have one washing machine!

Mom said...

Oh, bless your heart. You do so well. One of the things I love about reading your blog is that you are such a normal family. If it makes you feel any better--I am jealous that you have 16 kids. ;-)

Tereza said...

yeah....I bet they are the next reality show:) It's ok Della....we just live our very average life with a very NONaverage number of children. Just ordinary people living life and being faithful in whatever God sends our way. There is a reward for that which goes on in the hidden.
(not that having more bathrooms or our own laundry mat wouldn't be nice..)

Karen said...

but just imagine having to clean all those bathrooms!

Unknown said...

There is another family (with a blog) that I've been admiring for some time now too. They have far fewer children than your family or the Bates (at 'only' a dozen ;-), but their lives seem truly beautiful, charmed and blessed...!

The Morton Clan: http://mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/

--Hope

mommeeof10 said...

We have only 1 bathtub/shower combination. But I will have 2 washers and dryers as soon as the new ones get delivered. The old ones are 9 years old ansd are breaking down frequently. Twice in 2 months is enough to be without a washer. We have a service plan, but still, being without working appliances for any length of timie gets old. Now to get the plumber and electrician in to run the pipes and wires.