summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

cold morning....

16 degrees here this morning. The high is supposed to be 26. Brr. The bad part is that we get so used to it. Suzanne went out the door to school with these little ballerina-style shoes with no socks. She DID have leggings on, but bare feet in shoes in 16 degrees? I suggested she wear her boots, and put the shoes on in school, but that must just be too ridiculous. At first she had on some green socks, and I agreed with her that the socks had to go....I have some sheer stocking/kneehighs I can give her for next time....



Our turkey dinner was so so good last night. The bummer of it is that while we did run the dishwasher a few times and take care of the dishes, the serving bowls and pans didn't get washed yet...and on the counter among the pans, is the full bowl of gravy...blah, sitting there spoiling...blah, no turkey soup tonight. Oh well. Nothing we can do about it now. I assigned someone to put the leftovers away after I baggied them and container-ed them, but that got missed...I should have checked....talk about tear-water-tea!



I figured a way out of driving downtown to the big city. Abigail works there. She picked up Mirielle and Ashley this morning, and Emily, who exits the city in the morning after her work as a nurse in the hospital, picked them up. So no trip to the big city today for me. Just an afternoon trip to the small city to the dentist, and so that Ashley can go to the dept. of motor vehicles....

No comments: