summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 29, 2011

saturday morning....

I have the right slippers on now, one of the kids presented them to me...they don't just walk away on their own accord, the kids keep them warm for me when I leave the house...so this morning I found myself with one red fluffy one and one Dearfoam that I got for Christmas, before the pair of good ones appeared while I did the dishwasher. Oh, the mountain of dishes there was this morning. We had chicken wings last night, hot Buffalo and barbecue sauce, and some sliced veggies, and fresh whole wheat Italian bread from the Price-Chopper bakery, it was hot out of the oven, and only $1 a loaf. Anyway....

The dishes were overflowing the sink. The pans were sitting there soaking, plus the serving dishes...the girls wanted breakfast, Rosie wanted OUT, and Jonathan was going over to his friend's house for a few hours and needed clothes.(then he noticed that there was a box on the floor with a new faucet for the kitchen sink...so he didn't want to go to his friend's house anymore, because he didn't want to miss helping daddy install the new faucet...I told him daddy would wait for him)(Yes, Paul bought a new faucet because this one is dripping. He bought the same exact one. I would have bought a different style...) Then Mali wanted to go to the basketball game at school....and MOMMY wanted to sit down and have coffee and blog.

Some of the kids were up early this morning, and I did not want to get up yet...I heard Rosie barking in her cage, so I picked up my cell phone and called the house phone, and told Jon to just let her out....I still had to get up, but at least I had a chance to get dressed and beautiful before coming out to greet the day.

Paul is playing Barbie Matching game with Charlotte Claire, and Camille is in another world with a whole armful of dollhouse people, rocking them and looking off into the distance....

Mirielle and Ashley and Aaron got up and went to the gym this morning...I should have gone with them...one of these days, I am going to get back into shape....

Benjamin gave most of his clothes away when he left, figured he wouldn't have much use for them for the next four years. So I see the kids walking around with his things on. Suzanne has his flannel jammy pants on. Now, Benjamin is 6 foot one inch, so the pants are rather huge. Kathryn has his gym shorts on, and they all wear his shirts. They say it helps them remember him and makes him feel closer.

Today we have no plans, besides the new faucet installation. I have a roast to roast for dinner, with potatoes and onions and carrots....hmm, or shall I save it for Sunday dinner and have our tradional Saturday night pizza tonight? My life is just so darned exciting I can't stand it.

The kids came home from the youth meeting last night with two cousins. It isn't exactly CRAZY in here, but it is busy.

Yesterday I took Ashley to the mall so she could take her rings to the jewelery store and get them sized smaller, before they fell down the drain or something....I had picked Evelyn, 11, and Kathryn, 12, up from school, so we checked out some clearance racks while we were there. In Old Navy they each found something to get with their Christmas money, and I got one sweater for them to share for $4.19, and two cute little fleecy sweaters for the little girls for $2.79 each. That is all I bought in the mall, and I was proud of myself...but uh-oh, then I went to Target...because the girls really wanted to....well, I found a tent, regularly $149.99 marked down to $37! I didn't really want to buy a tent in January, but the other day we were dreaming/planning/talking about a weekend trip to the ocean with the family, wherein Paul and I get a hotel room and the kids camp (Mirielle's suggestion, not ours, but hey, she has a good idea there!)...and all Paul said was, "we don't have a tent.", which isn't exactly true, as we have a couple small ones. So anyway, I had to make a decision. So I bought it. I also bought the girls a princess tent, regularly $40 for $10, which is for one of their birthdays.

Then to the grocery store to get the ice-cream I promised the kids, and cereal and potatoes and carrots and diced tomatoes and more bananas and yogurt and milk and bagels....

Then through McDonalds for $4 worth of food, three one dollar sandwiches(no, they were not all for me...) and a hot coffee....there's nothing like the long ride home through the sparkly snowy countryside with a hot cup of coffee, and good company too....

I am rambling with no rhyme or reason....rats, Aaron just hijacked the washing machine. Can he not see that pile of pee-pee bedding?

1 comment:

Tereza said...

Ramble away sistah....!:):)
So the thing with sales is...you get such good deals at weird times....and I never have the money to pay for the sales at weird times...so I end up paying twice the money at the time I need said things....do you keep a savings account for sale shopping or something? How do you have the money for these sales so frequently?...
Your food sounds yummy..and yes isn't life exiting? HA! I dont feel like going through all the motions today...clean up, food, wipe bums....I'm severely tempted to complain my head off and just BE GRUMPY......as Rob was leaving for work this morning~it came to me...this is not his problem...he doesn't need to deal with this...I am the one that needs to have victory!!! So I bit my tounge and its peaceful in here:):)
So now that I hijacked your post....I just wanted to say I enjoy reading about your life!!:)