summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 10, 2011

evening...

It was bitter cold...we drove to the small city, put seventy-five cents in the parking meter, walked two blocks in the wind, and found out I had the hours for the Social Security Administration's Monday clinic WRONG. oops. I thought it started at 1:00, but it ended at 1:00. oops. Our next option was to drive to the big city, but I had the 15 passenger van, and...blah, I cannot parallel park that to save my life.

So we put it off 'til tomorrow.

And went to Wegman's. Wegman's is a special grocery store. There is something warm and cozy about it. And they have a coffee bar. Ashley, Mali, Margaret and I chose drinks, just a plain hot coffee for me with lots of cream...we got some fajitas and bananas and oranges and grapefruit and lots of greenbeans and corn and broccoli. And oatmeal. Milk. Grape juice.

Then to B.J.'s warehouse where we bought coffee and barbecue sauce and sliced turkey (yes Cheryl, they stil had some)(3 nine ounce packages for $4).....oh, and a 56 ounce bag of miniture Hershey's....which is for some reason almost gone..

Then home, where Mirelle was here with the two little girls, and the school kids...the aroma of roasted turkey greeted us....Mirielle had already peeled ten pounds of potatoes, so we made stuffing and greenbeans, and Mirielle baked her two loaves of homemade bread....well, Miss Mali had to go to a town meeting for civics class, so Joe drove her over, she had my phone and was going to call me when the meeting was over...well, she called immediately, the meeting is NEXT week. oops. Poor Mali. And poor me. All that work for the turkey dinner, and I had to leave to go get her....

I decided before I even got my coat on that this was a perfect opportunity to practice what I preach, what I hear, and what I know.....that God works ALL things for the good for those who love Him. So I went to get her, and it was good. Not because I am good, but because I decided not to give in to grumbling and complaining...I SO wanted to straighten her out...but WAIT A MINUTE....WHO was the one who had the Social Security hours wrong???!!!! Anyway......Abigail arrived right as I was leaving...so when I got home, I finished my dinner in good company....

The clean-up is not done yet, well, the dishwasher is running, but there are so many dishes that won't fit...and there are pans to wash...blah.

When I got home today the little girls told me that they were good when I was gone, they didn't go into my bathroom and dump all the conditioner like they did on Saturday while I was at the baby shower. It is so nice to come home to Miss Camille and her hugs and snuggles....

The kids are excited because Emily is picking some of them up and taking them on an adventure...I am again distracted...there are at least a dozen peoples in here....

3 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

Mondays are my very favorite day because I always miss my routine. Sundays are a lot of work because there is church in the morning and evening. So after getting everyone ready the whole day, we are wiped out! Your girls sure sound like mine. man, they can get into everything. LOL

cheryl said...

Thanks for leaving me the last 2 packages of the nice sliced turkey!

Mike and Katie said...

The nut doesn't fall far from the tree, eh? Too funny! I hate when I get stuff like the wrong and get really stressed about it, but am trying to just take it easy because it happens. Especially with the more kids I have.

I don't leave without Amanda very often but I should because it's so sweet to hear Amanda say, "Mommy, I missed you! You came back!"