summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 1, 2011

wow, third post of the year so far....

Ben and Ashley came by...he wanted to say goodbye to the kids...and of course that included tears and tears....as soon as they got out the door, I let loose, and just plain couldn't stop. Just couldn't. Not with Jon sobbing that the next time he would see Benjamin he would be seven years old.

I get to see Ben tomorrow morning, so it isn't goodbye for me yet, but seeing the kids tell him goodbye was not easy. Six months or so isn't forever, but we are a close family, and he is going to be so sorely missed. Plus, I am his mommy, and heck...he has to finish boot camp! Ouch for my soul. He is still my little boy.

He has grown up so much the last few months, gotten so much more responsible and respectful. Wah, I don't want to see him go.

But we will be busy with Mrs. Ashley here with us...and since there is never a dull moment around here, time will fly. And I know that God will watch over my Benjamin....because He always has.....

5 comments:

Tereza said...

that must be hard. At least you'll have his wifey there to take good care of for his return! She'll probably do a lot of crying there with you! (HUGS)

Martha said...

And He always does.

Love you. I will be praying for Ben too. And Ashley. And Jon. And the rest of you too.

Judy said...

I can totally sympathy with you about your Benjamen leaving. It just tears a Mommys heart. I had to say goodbye to our grandson last week. He is in the marines and is leaving for Japan very soon. Don't know for sure how long he will be gone. We will be praying for your Benjamen and no matter how old they get they are always our baby. Get ready girl grandkids are coming up and the feeling is the same or worse. Hang in there.

Mum said...

Just sending you, your family and Ashley a huge hug. My dear husband is in the navy. In our first year of marriage he was only home a grand total of 53 days. It is ever so hard, but it is such a worth cause. God is good, he will bring your wonderful man back. He has thus far always returned ours. Funny enough I'm an Ashley married to Ben, as well.

mommeeof10 said...

I have no idea how my mom could stand to have 5 of us in the military at one time. She did survive, so did my brother who went to Serbia/Croatia and Iraq (twice). I was in during peace time, though my unit went to Panama weeks after I ets'd.