summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 10, 2011

monday again already?

Life is flying by! Monday after Monday after Monday. I think I notice it more because I write everyday. Occasionally I write but don't publish it, because it is really lame. But I save it....

It is snowing out, big surprise. We went to a wedding shower for a friend at church last evening, and I was concerned while we were there about the trip home on those awful back roads. It was not fun, but not too terrible. The shower itself was nice, the bride-to-be recieved three crockpots, and yes, one was from me. We had lots of yummy snacks, which was dinner for me, but the best thing was the bruschetta and garlic chips.

So when I wasn't dreading the drive home in the snow, I was trying to fend off the guilt of not being home with the kids again. I had already been to a shower the day before....

And to add to the guilt....I got the girls some princess pajamas the other day, marked down 80% off. Two pair came together, and of course they both claimed the same pair, which made it absolutely superior to the other pair. It was totally worth fighting over, to the sweet little girls. Camille won, because I picked the winner, and Charlotte Claire had to deal with it. She did okay because I told her she would get her turn the next night, which happened to be last night. I told Paul that it was Charlotte Claire's turn with them, and that I had to wash the other pair so Camille could wear them...oops, I never washed the other pair. Char just woke up and came out here in the Superior Pajamas, and I asked her if Camille was okay without the other pair (I saw that she was sleeping in a pair of footed jammies)...Char said, "No, she was NOT okay..."oops.

As usual, I had to go through who was where last evening, and I figured that Paul only had seven kids to feed dinner to....when I asked him how it went, he said, "fine." He managed to clean up the living room and put the furniture back to how it was before the Christmas tree. The girls say that Daddy gave them chicken and soda, and they burped really loud. Suze told me that since they had soda with dinner, she drank a cup of milk afterward. So they survived without me....

I think we are finally getting another washing machine!!!! Yippee!!!! Some of our older kids have been nagging and nagging and have requested nothing else for Christmas, if we just get another washing machine for downstairs. Paul said he thinks we can do that! It is almost impossible to keep up with the laundry. The older kids do not dry their clothes, they hang them up. But still, the washer is going all of the time. We are always behind, and when I start to catch up, someone will wet the bed or worse.....right now it looks like the laundry room itself is sick, barfing the clothes right out the doorway. I do not usually wash clothes on the weekend, I give the older ones a chance to use it. So Mondays, blah, I am so behind on laundry.....

So to make myself feel better, I imagine walking into the laundry room....the hampers are all empty, there is nothing in the washer or dryer...there isn't a stray sock to be found, they are all matched up....the floor is devoid of even a pair of dirty undies....and it isn't all that great after all....I stand there and look around, and think, "I strived for THIS all these years?!! What the heck?"

But this does not really make me feel better, because the thought of that happening is, in my lame housewife-y way, TOTALLY THRILLING!

Oh well. I don't think I even need to wonder what it would feel like.

Everyone went to school like clockwork this morning. I remembered to write the required excuses for their absence from school on Friday...and yes, I wrote, "because she/he was sick"...that is what my mother always wrote, she would say, "it is none of their business what was wrong with you..."and I decided it is none of their business that I accidentally slept through the whole morning Friday.

Charlotte Claire just asked me if her birthday is next....well, I said, first there is Emily's...(she is turning 26 this month...holy cow...I am 45....she and I are almost peers....)then Mirielle's, Kathryn's, Mali's, Suzanne's, Jonathan's, Sonja's, THEN hers.... she is asking because she is thinking about cakes, she says. She thinks a mermaid cake would be nice....

Today is not a stay at home and catch up on laundry day. No, today I have things to do. I have to pick up Mali from school, and take her and Ashley to the social security office....Mali's number got messed up, and she cannot get a job or her driving permit until we straighten it out, even though it was not us who messed it up. And Ashley has to do a name change. And we have a few more errands to do....like get more stamps. That Benjamin is getting alot of letters! We are also almost out of milk, and the wonderful oranges and grapefruit that Gramma and Grampa sent from Florida are all gone....since they are in season and reasonably priced, we need more!

So, since I am going to go galavanting in the snow, I need to get moving. I should at least put in one load of laundry, and wash my hair, and get out some cute and warm and sweet clothes for the little girls....

3 comments:

Martha said...

"holy cow...I am 45....she and I are almost peers....)" I think this every time I realize my son will be 30 this September. I will be 47 in March and it just feels like he is catching up to us in a way that should never be. But, in a way I kind of like it. :)

One of my pet peeves is barfing dresser drawers...

Tereza said...

Sometimes I read your post and sigh.....sounds so much like me.
Well minus 7 kids and no married ones yet:)

mommeeof10 said...

Rich swears that once the plumber gets the new water and drain lines installed for the washer so it drains correctly, that he will be buying another washer and dryer, so we can catch up. But, I still can't sort/fold stuff any faster...