summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 11, 2009

my brother owns me....

Today is his birthday. Back in 1965, he got a baby sister the day before his seventh birthday. My mom said I was his birthday present. So all my life, he has said that he owns me. It feels nice to have a brother like Tommy, a brother who is still happy to own me. He is 51 years old today.....he is married to one of my very best friends.....he met her on Halloween night several several years ago....she says she just married him so we would get to stay friends...they have 12 kids.....they are having a celebration picnic today at their house....a few of my kids are best friends with a few of their kids...best friends, and cousins.

Camille took her diaper off in her sleep last night. I noticed this when I sneaked by her little green bed, hoping to have some time to do things before she woke up. Of course she peed as soon as she woke up....duh, I should have just gotten her up...but, it bought me some time to cook bacon and eggs and make the coffee and romp with Rosie. Yesterday, after we decided to go to the beach, she took her diaper off while in her booster seat eating breakfast....and pooped in the booster seat. What is it with my kids lately? I had to laugh. What a birthday present! No way around it, I had to clean it up. That's the thing about having kids. You find out you are capable of cleaning up all kinds of things that seem humanly impossible.....and you live to tell about it.

We are in need of groceries. I put it off yesterday because of the gorgeous weather....and today it will be more crowded....but, I may be able to get out the door with less than 8 or nine kids. Abigail is leaving me on Monday to stay with a friend for a few weeks. The friend, Tonje, is expecting a baby in August, and her husband is in the service....he cannot come home until the baby is making her appearance, so Abigail will stay with her and drive her places, and keep her company. And I will be here with 8 kids, the oldest 12. Which means that I won't be able to go anywhere without taking 8 kids. Almost like the old days again. I don't really mind, I find it quite fun to drag them all with me.....but it is more limiting...and not always fun for the littler ones...but it is good for them to experience going out and about, too.

6 comments:

Abrahan Hernandez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abrahan Hernandez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abrahan Hernandez said...

I added you on my contact list.. i hope u add me... see ya then

mommeeof10 said...

2 of my brothers share the same birth date, only 11 years apart. We always told them there should be just one present. One of them could have the paper and box, one could have the contents. :)

Martha said...

Oh, no! I missed your birthday! Hope it was wonderful. How fun to have a brother who actually loves you enough to want to keep you for all these years!

I am hoping to get to the beach soon too. Now that my van is home from Oswego, I might actually be able to travel. Maybe some day I'll go out for a ride and find you there too.

16 blessings'mom said...

Mr. Hetfield, email me at
dellamom16@yahoo.com

thanks.