summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

busy busy busy...

Yet here I sit....I need to remember that I am not ALWAYS busy. It just seems like that sometimes. Yesterday Benjamin and I went to the wood place to see about prices and when we could pick it up, ect. Then Joseph went with Ben to buy a truck load, while Evelyn and I went to Walmart for eggs, bananas, a snack for Sonja's class..then a quick stop into BigLots, and the dollar store. Home for dinner of pork chops and biscuits and corn and green beans. The older girls had to leave for girl's fellowship...and as I sat at the table with Paul, I remembered that I had wanted to go to the pool...oops. Too late.

I woke up this morning straight from a dream about my mother. I often dream that she comes back alive. In this dream, she had no idea that she had even been gone. She didn't know her house was sold...then she asked about her dog....I told her Billy took the dog....but the dog has long died....then I had to tell her about Billy.......I just threw myself into her, and hugged her, and told her that he died....he killed himself....it was like reliving the whole thing, in a dream. It was so real though, hugging her....then I woke up, and I wanted to be back in that dream, hugging my mother. I miss her so so much.

Suze is home from school again. She has been feeling lousy, and she was sick to her stomach last night. Thankfully she is big enough to make it to the bathroom, even from her top bunk.

One thing I did remember was to get Jonathan a pumpkin yesterday. When the other kids got theirs, he was somewhere with Abigail, and he was so disapointed that I promised I would get him one....Kathryn and Evelyn helped him carve it, and we put a candle in it on the kitchen table with all the lights out last evening so they could enjoy it. The other pumpkins have already rotted and are in the woods feeding the critters.

Today I shall eat more healthily than I did yesterday. Yesterday...ugh. I had not one, but TWO Snicker Almond bars. No, not the teeny little ones. eeks. Not at the same time, like that makes a lick of difference in the calorie department.....but still. Evelyn and I did behave ourselves in the afternoon when we went to Walmart. We had stopped for the pumpkin first, and also got some apples....so we had a healthy snack....as if that makes up for the candy bars earlier in the day. blah. Well, today is a new day, and I shall not do that again.

Today, the dentist appointment for Mali. Her sneakers are falling apart. So we shall also go somewhere to look for sneakers. Hopefully the school doesn't give us a hard time about signing her out. She has to bring in a note from the dentist, or her early sign-out is considered illegal, and her teachers are allowed to give her zeroes for what she missed. Lovely, eh?

No comments: