summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 30, 2010

pictures

This was actually taken after we were done frosting the cookies...Suzanne likes frosting. Pumpkins and butterflies....


Random dog picture, Rosie....lying on the kitchen floor just in case we dropped something... Evelyn Joy































Sonja K.



















No sooner did we get the cookie mess cleaned up, and it was time for making the pizza. Four pizzas, a veggie only with no sauce, butter and garlic, diced tomatoes and basil and red and green peppers and onions and black olives....two pepperoni and hot sausage and bacon and all the veggies, then a meat only.....with black olives....
Then we cleaned THAT up, and put some chicken in the oven for tomorrow's lunch at church.....and I washed the little girl's princess dresses for tomorrow's Trick or Treating....and gathered Jonathan's clothes....he is going to be a photographer/reporter. We have a light blue hat, so Mirielle is soaking it in tea so he can wear it without looking like he is going to a tea party.....Suzanne is going to be a witch, Sonja a gypsy, and Evelyn a nurse. I shall behave myself and not dress up. Although I could possibly wear my hair in those old fashioned Kirsten braids....hmm. I don't love Halloween, but dressing up and helping the kids dress up is so much fun.
So now I am tired. It was a busy day, in which I accomplished nothing concrete. Ha, what ever IS concrete? Everything we do is really but in vain, it won't last.....everything except gather oil in our lamps....and hopefully I got some of that today.....one thing is for sure, I had to go against my nature just to let the kids get ahold of that frosting bag....I wanted the cookies to look nice, their "nice" and my "nice" are quite different.... and I REALLY wanted to have a good time with them, so my control-freakiness had to go....Camille was hilarious...she had a total of two cookies to frost...she licked the frosting off, I gave her more....and lots of little piles of sprinkles....I mean, no one here wants to eat a cookie that she decorates....Charlotte Claire did a better job, she created some that had way too many sprinkles, but at least she knows if she licks her fingers she has to go wash her hands.....
One thing is for sure though: the cookies TASTE really really good. Too good.
Abigail is still here visiting, lots of people are here in the living room, so I am done here....










4 comments:

Tereza said...

It's so much fun for them to do it their way! Good memories you made today!
Thanks for the idea:)

Chrissy in Chaos said...

Hi,

I have a question! Please don't take offence!

My mother-in-law is a Baptist church lay preacher and when we invited her to Trick or Treat she said it went against church ethics. She held a Light, Bright, White party which was lots of fun for the children.

I took my kids there and tonight I am taking them to a Halloween party as I think that knowledge of all things enables you to make clear and balanced decisions.

What are your feelings and opinions on the trick or treating business? Do you want your children to be able to make educated life choices too?

Sorry I rambled!!

Chrissy

16 blessings'mom said...

Chrissy, please never avoid asking a question, I won't get offended. Perhaps tempted to be, but don't hold back. Trick or Treating: As a kid, I always went, I loved it. When my older kids were little, we didn't do it. I just didn't want them "asking" for candy from people. (and I still don't care for the gory "death"and scary part of it all) Then one Halloween night, we were at the mall, and the mall stores were giving out candy. Our kids weren't dressed up, but they got some candy anyway. And I realized the people at the stores ENJOYED giving out the candy...after going to the mall for a few years, we decided it wouldn't hurt to take them out into the neighborhood where I grew up, and it was so much fun! 99% of the people we encountered were glad to give candy to the kids. The kids just love dressing up, too....

Chrissy in Chaos said...

Thank you for your reply.

I love the way you think - I think you have the balance just right and am in awe of the amazing job you are doing across the pond.