summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 8, 2010

friday again already?

Life is speeding by. Days turning to weeks and months and seasons changing so quickly. I saw Christmas stuff in the store the other day...it seems like we just HAD Christmas.

Just for the record: my previous post about my teenagers and older kids: Just because I can have more mercy on them and know how they feel being told things, doesn't mean that I am not going to say things to them anymore. And I am certainly not going to encourage them to be disrespectful. No, I still need to straighten them out and try to maintain order around here.....but when I work on what's in me, then the way I straighten things out will be better and more peaceful. make sense?

So, Friday. My favorite day. Mirielle and I are going on a big shopping trip today when she gets home from classes. We are bringing our two favorite little girls with us. All the kids went to school today....wah. Jonathan is just so happy and excited, he went with Abigail to pick up her new car last night. And tonight she is bringing him somewhere in it, so he is beside himself.

My computer is being jerky again. The cord will stop charging if it wiggles even a little bit. Right now it is plugged in, the light is on, but it is only 1% charged, not increasing. hmm. I love my computer so much, why can't it just behave?

There are some things here on this earth that I do love, and are thankful for....

1. my computer

2. my stacked front loader washer and dryer (if it weren't for that laundry room fire, we would still probably have the washer that took all the live-long day to spin a load....)

3. my Dyson vacuum cleaner. I am not getting paid to say this, but I LOVE it. I have had probably 12 to 15 vacuum cleaners through the years, but this one is by far the best.

4. my room, painted and clean and fresh.....it is so nice to wake up in there now, and I enjoy keeping it neat and cozy.

I didn't want this to turn into a bragging session, so I will stop here. Suffice to say I am thankful for our house and most of the things in it, and the big van, and our yard...

Last evening, the older kids (Mirielle, Joe, Aaron, Mali, Sam, Margaret, and Kathryn) went to the youth meeting. Paul had to drive with Abigail out to the car dealer to co-sign (what a nice guy, right?), they took Jonathan with them. I decided to take my younger ones to the library....so Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, and Camille went with me. It was so different than when they were all littler....I remember always having a toddler who liked to push the books backward, or take them out systematically, and I always had a baby either on my hip or in my arms....and usually the three year old would have to use the bathroom because library bathrooms are so much more fun than ours at home.....so this trip last night seemed so easy. The two little girls did puzzles while the rest of us looked for books....then when we got home they got ready for bed so nicely, with the promise of me reading the library books. I think I read five. By the time Jonathan got in the door full of praises for Abigail's new car, the two little girls were tucked into bed and the others were on their way.....

No comments: