summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 23, 2010

"well, at least you have older kids to help..."

That is probably the number one statement that I hear that simply ain't so. Okay, they do help. But ...it is hard to explain...they have lives too...they aren't always here.....they have homework...they need time to chill with their books.....today, for example:

Emily, whom I really don't count because she lives down the road, is sleeping because she worked last night and again tonight.

Abigail, she is taking a friend visiting from Norway on an outing today, and invited Kathryn and Evelyn (my two best helpers).

Mirielle is off shopping with her cousin Janet. They are getting the food for the annual Fall Feast, which is a big celebration especially for the children, at church.

Aaron is with Mali and Margaret...they went to the gym and then off to a small city not too far away, I can only imagine why....probably Walmart and Dunkin Donuts.

So....here we are. We are having some people over tonight. I have to clean up the house. And make something nice for dinner. And make a yummy dessert for tomorrow. And make sure we have all of our costumes for tomorrow. Two little princesses, a fairy godmother, a fashion model, a nurse, an explorer....

Camille is fussing....

5 comments:

Chrissy in Chaos said...

I only have a 1/4 of the kids you have - but it's the same deal, one is 11 the others are under 5 - they help in their own special ways but they have lives too!

Martha said...

And I have Saturday to clean my house... Ha! That ain't happening.

Tereza said...

ha ha yes if they only knew!! The big kids ar ehome long anough to drop their stuff here, there and everywhere:):):) They do babysit sometimes though...

FLmom7 said...

I hear those comments all the time too about how lucky I am to have so much help from my older kids! yeah, they do help...but...just like you said:) Hope you enjoy your company

Mom said...

So my idea of adopting teenagers won't help. Hmmm...hope you get it all done! Sounds like fun--well, not the cleaning part, but the rest of it!