summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

evening lull too?

"Despicable Me" is a good movie. So I got it again from Redbox, which is a wonderful invention. One dollar for one day. If you forget to bring it back, it is only one more dollar.

Taco salad for dinner...yum. The kids had some ice cream afterwards, I am surprised there is still some in there from the weekend. I have resisted so far, and it is almost gone. I did have half a chocolate peanut donut this afternoon. (Martha, Wegman's has the BEST donuts...but do not try them, ever. Because if you do, you will think of them every single time you walk into that store.) (I hope in heaven there are piles and piles of donuts, fresh from Wegmans)

We got rid of the couch monster today! Totally gone! So despite all the things I didn't do today, the couch is nice and big and empty, except for all the kids sitting on it watching the movie.

The big news around here is the coming snowstorm. We should get at anywhere from 8-14 inches of snow. We have had well over a hundred inches of snow here this season already, but it is still sort of exciting. I read that on Friday here it might be in the upper twenties and sunny, which the weatherman referred to as a "Nice day". hmm. If it is indeed sunny, and it doesn't snow, it will be the first day in a month with no snow.

Rosie found one of the kids' ice cream cups, so she not only cleaned it out, but destroyed it. Crunch crunch crunch. She was even chewing on the spoon. Then she got up and looked all over the whole room for another....I think she needs another Chewy Treat. She is a good girl in some ways though, she will drop something if I tell her to stop and drop it. Of course she always tries again in a few minutes, because, like my mother always said, the dog listens like the kids do....

Right now I want chocolate. I am glad there is none right here next to my chair. The aroma of pumpkin bread is starting to fill my nose now, Mirielle made some after dinner. It suits the atmosphere here, makes it cozy. We are 99% certain there will be no school tomorrow, so we are just plain happy, in the Holiday Spirit.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Della, I will do my very best to avoid the donut counter in Wegmans. I shall also endeavor to avoid the bagels. The coffee, however, is another story, especially the decaf Very Vanilla.

I am hoping for a dark, cold, snowy morning with no school, just like the ones I remember when I was a kid. I think most of the best came when I was in junior high school. Kids no longer go to junior high because they fazed that out when they brought in "middle" school. My best blizzard memories are from then. And yes, it is just like expecting a holiday.

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh, the coffee...I love getting a cup and enjoying it with my shopping, much to the annoyance of whoever is with me, my kids see grocery shopping more as a necessity, not as the "experience" that it is for me...

Just that excitement of a Snow Day...Mirielle and Joe's college announced yesterday afternoon that it would be closed today, that was fun.