summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 21, 2011

no school monday!!!!

my little princess like to wear their pretty dresses around the house...and since these two are seemingly the last in a long line of princesses here, they are allowed to....because mommy has watched her children grow too fast...grow up and grow out of clothes...(we still have Bye-Bye clothes that we keep neat for going out and about....and school clothes, that aren't worn around the house....but the pretty dresses are meant to be worn! )Here is Princess Camille..... Princess Charlotte Claire...
Suzanne Eleanor's birthday party...she got to sit in the pink chair....



Jonathan looked a bit out of place...

Samuel was at his friend's house, Aaron at work, and Joseph with his cousin playing video games.
Evelyn and Abigail......Emily came over later.





Camille...I always feel a tiny bit sorry for the littler ones at birthday parties...all the presents! I got nice little blankets for all the little girls....(75% valentines day stuff) and they got gift bags with some candy...

Mirielle took pictures with Aaron's nice camera....


And here is the cake! Suzanne isn't turning three, I just couldn't put ten candles on an ice cream sundae. There were three kinds of ice cream, homemade whipped cream, hot fudge, caramel topping, and sprinkles. And cherries. They could have as much as they wanted.....




Suze....





Mirielle Joy got a few presents too, her birthday is tomorrow. She is turning 21! Jonathan wrapped her gifts for me, in aluminum foil. She got dark chocolate covered almonds, and a perfume set. I told her I would also give her twenty bucks...she said I didn't have to...I said I would anyway. She is such a nice girl...a nice girl who will KILL me if she sees this picture of her....(don't you feel a teeny bit sorry for Camille?)
Phew.....birthday parties are tiring....after serving that pizza and salad and soda to like twenty people.....then cleaning up the mess, a little bit anyway...it was ice cream sundae time...it was fun though. The girls really like to dance so the living room was all cleaned up, the floor shined and ready for dancing. At one point, Paul was in our room with his computer. It was pretty noisy.
Today they are all home, there are two cousins here too, and one friend. Mirielle and Joseph have classes, Paul has work, but the rest are here. Aaron is going snowboarding, and I have a date with Abigail this afternoon....we are going to the store for dogfood and milk and some fruits and veggies, and stuff for sandwiches and drinks for our trip.
I haven't packed a thing yet, and we are leaving tomorrow. I need to remember my bathing suit for the hotel pool...yay, and my phone charger, and I have to make sure I have the registration and the insurance card for the minvan...it is required to get onto the military base. And my camera...and battery charger... And I have to remember to get new sunglasses for driving...my nice Dominican Republic sunglasses, which I actually paid three bucks for instead of getting them at the dollar store (they were marked down from $12, nice Foster Grants...) snapped in two on that freezing cold day.....I put them on my nice warm face, and SNAP. rrr. Usually the kids break them....or they disapear into the land of missing socks....
The girls have their candy bags out...after breakfast treats...Rosie is lying there begging.....she won't jump on them or try to take anything aggressively, but she does lie there hopefully, wagging her tail and looking cute....and if they drop anything, it is GONE.
I have clothes to get out of the dryer...and countless other things to take care of....










4 comments:

Rachel said...

I always feel sorry for the little ones at birthday parties too! This year my 3 year old nephew had four Christmases since he was here each time one of my other nieces or nephews were given their gifts!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

what an excting day for you! Have a safe trip.

FLmom7 said...

Looks like they had a fun birthday party! Hope you have a good, safe trip.

Martha said...

Have a wonderful trip! I hope you find warm weather along the way, dry, clear roads, and plenty of Wendy's Restaurants (Because I like them best).