summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 4, 2011

friday accomplishments...

If, after reading that title, anyone thinks this will be a long post, ha.

Let's see....

1. I swept and mopped the kitchen and living room.

2. I didn't beat Camille silly when she attempted to carry her small cup of hot cocoa (lukewarm, really) to the living room when I left the room with the phone to talk to my sister in a quieter room....and it spilled all over the floor.

3. I did give said child a shower.

4. I didn't beat Evelyn-the-school-skipper silly when she gave the little girls a bath....and left the bathroom without telling me....I heard splashing and water running and blissfully assumed they were being supervised....ha. The tub was filled to the very brim. rrr.

5. I didn't beat Rosie-The-Bad dog silly when I discovered what she did to the bag of garbage someone so lazily set on the deck instead of putting into the can.

6. I did have Joseph clean up the garbage for me. I figured it was payback for the recycle-able mess down the road yesterday.

7. I washed my favorite jean skirt.

8. I washed lots of other things, and put them all away....clothes monster: non existent!!!!

9. I ate two of Mirielle's coconut oatmeal craisin chocolate chip cookies. No, it was three. No...maybe four.

10. I received a package in the mail!!!!! It was addressed to Paul and I...and it was from Norway!!! A whole stack of Norwegian chocolate bars! A beautiful framed picture of our conference center over there.....and a game for the kids, plus a movie for Margaret. It was so exciting, and I shall be rationing that chocolate for hopefully a few weeks to come!! Thank you so much, Tor-Henning!!! (he stayed with us last year in March, and we hope he can come again some time!)

11. I took a shower and washed my long tangly hair, and brushed it out. (believe me, this is an accomplishment)

12. I picked out outfits for the little girls to wear for our dinner out.

13. Went outside and pretended I was walking down the road so Rosie-the-Bad dog would come after me, from the neighbor's house...I finally grabbed her and ended all of her fun....she likes nothing better than lying at the end of the driveway standing guard...she barks at the passing cars, and chases some...if the UPS man comes, she defends our land from his dangerous packages.

14. Endured the cold cold cold in here. The furnace is not working again...brr.


And of course I took care of my two little sweetie-pies. Gave them cereal and raisin toast and juice and cocoa and barbecued chicken. Snuggled with them and let them "help" me mop the floor...

.

4 comments:

noelle said...

Sometimes NOT beating those babies is the biggest accomplishment of all! =)

Tereza said...

hmmmm....more than one post now says you eliminated the clothes monster!!!!!!! Now THAT my friend is an occasion to celebrate:)
and guess what? I discovered garbage placed BESIDE the big can today. Our kids must have been planning this together!:):)

Unknown said...

Sounds accomplished indeed! I am impressed:) I enjoy your humour a lot!
Lara in Hawaii

Anonymous said...

these ARE a lot of accomplishments, well done! I always read your blog and, even if I don't comment all the time, enjoy it very much. Have a lovely weekend.