summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 5, 2011

saturday night

Here are the fun things that have happened here lately...

1. Last night we went out to dinner, Paul and I and our nice little family....Evelyn and Suzanne and Sonja and Jonathan and Charlotte Claire and Camille. We did use the coupon and the gift certificates...so our total was $8.24. And I had prime rib. The kids had burgers and fries and grilled cheese and chicken tenders....

2. Camille liked having a real glass. Jonathan liked having water that wasn't "iron water".

3. Camille said she wanted to take the table home from the restaurant because it was "brown and warm. And the restaurant can have our yellow table."

4. This morning I went to a really fun store with my sister-in-law Kim. We were gone for four hours, which is good, for us. We bought frozen chicken wings, $4 for 5 pounds. We each bought a forty pound case of chicken breast and chicken thighs, and split them. Plus we got 5 pound bags of shredded mozzarella for $9 each.

5. We made pizzas for dinner....I told the boys they could invite friends(they invited four), and we made 6 pizzas instead of our usual four. Mirielle makes barbecued chicken and hot Buffalo chicken pizzas...they are almost to die for.

6. I splurged on ice cream, too....Piece of Cake, Party Cake, and Strawberry....they used their drink cups from dinner.....and we used paper plates, yay!

7. Paul just got stuck in the driveway going to pick Aaron up from work....there is "alot" of snow, according to Joseph, who went out to push him out, along with his friends. There is at least five inches of new snow, it is falling at an inch or two an hour...Joe says he doesn't know how Dad is going to drive, the road has that much snow too.

8. I am learning, little by little, that men think so totally different from women. Sometimes I am just dying of brokenheartedness because of how Paul seems towards me....I think all these thoughts and feel so sorry for myself...and once again, he has no idea how upset I was. Or maybe he does, but thinks I am just making a huge deal out of nothing. wah, poor poor me. I am my own worst enemy sometimes.

9. The house gets messy on weekends. When I came back from my little shopping trip today and had to baggy up forty pounds of chicken (I put balsamic vinigrette and lemon pepper seasoning into the bags so the chicken will thaw in it, and hopefully taste yummy), then proceed with making dinner, then cleaned up, then finally sat down and surveyed the living room that I had swept and mopped this very day...wah. Poor me.

10. Tomorrow we are supposed to bring our lunch to eat together after church...I have to mosey back out to the kitchen and put some of the marinading chicken into the crockpot to cook overnight on low. We have some rolls, so we shall have some barbecued pulled chicken.

11. Abigail and Ashley took Evelyn, Suzanne, and Jonathan ice skating today. Kathryn went with her cousin Susan. Sonja was with me and missed out on skating, so her Aunt Kim bought her a caramel mocha at McDonalds. Plus she got a yogurt parfait AND a Mcdouble AND fries. She did not eat dinner tonight. But she did have some ice cream....

12. I will be glad and relieved when Paul and Mirielle and Margaret get home with Aaron. The girls went with him because they are stopping at RedBox.

Seriously, though, I hope I do learn from these trials.....especially the trials with my dear husband. He is such a good guy, and I would have him guilty and hung in my thoughts sometimes, all because of HIM, of course. Then when I start thinking straight, I see that perhaps, maybe just a little....it is partly MY FAULT. And I am learning slowly by slowly that HE CAN'T READ MY MIND! (ha, that is a good thing sometimes!) Anyway, I am glad don't harden my heart and hold grudges, it is stupid to do that. I think that if one gets just a little bit bitter here and there where no one can even see, sooner or later is becomes manifest....and one grows into a bitter old person, filled with grumpiness. Just think to guard our hearts and screen those thoughts, let Jesus' light shine into the corners of our hears, so that we can be purified day in and day out....that sounds good to me.

I have two little girls who should be getting tucked in...they are in the bathroom brushing their teeth with Miss Sonja supervising....it sounds like they may be giving her a run for her money. I just told them if they get into their footy jammies I will read stories. But what they apparently heard was, "Run back in forth across the living room blowing toot noises and singing, "cheechy waw waw waw""!

4 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

Ahhh... I know how you feel about the guy stuff. Although my husband seems to understand much more because he was the only guy in his family and around 3 women. His mom and sisters.

AND I totally understand about the house getting trashed on the weekend. ARgh!

You are a great mom. It IS hard for women when they need their men to understand how they are feeling. Sometimes we just need reassurance from them. :)

Martha said...

It took me many years and lots of heartache to realize my husband does not think the same way as me. God put me through "school" to teach me a thing or two. Too hard to explain, but a couple of the books he sent my way were "Love and Respect" by Emmerson Eggerich and "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldham. I wish I could say I remember everything all the time, I don't, but God rescued our marriage and brought the love back into our lives. If only these things were taught us as little girls...

FLmom7 said...

I am glad you are honest about marriage. We ALL have issues in marriage, it is not easy. Sometimes I read blogs and think everyone else seems to have such a wonderful marriage (because so many people aren't honest on blogs). I struggle with certain feelings towards my husband too. It helps to know that others are going through similar things. Anyway, I am rambling...but as always, I enjoy reading your blog. :)

Tereza said...

I read your post above this one and saw you said you wrote something about marriage in this one so of course I had to scroll down and check it out:):) And you know me~ right there with ya!