summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 14, 2011

what i am really glad about today...

Perhaps I am really procrastinating the things I need to do today, or maybe I just had something else to say...but either way, I am compelled to write a little about love...because I know a little about it....

I am not talking about love for children, although I love mine fiercely...or love for friends, though I appreciate mine more and more, or for family, which I also appreciate and love more as time goes on....

Kids, if you are reading this, do so at your own risk...

I love my husband dearly. I know it is a total blessing that I still feel this way after all these years. Just the thought of kissing his smooth-shaven cheek, or snuggling up to his neck..oh my goodness. We still "click", and I am so thankful for that. We still appreciate each other.

This hasn't been without cost, however....in a marriage as old as ours, (almost 27 years!), filled with children and stress, the natural thing would be that we would grow apart and grow resentful and grow out of love....but we have both worked on things, and forgiven and longsuffered and kept our eyes on only each other. I am not saying that we are always on the same page, or that we are always bestest friends...but it is good, and we love each other like crazy, and I couldn't or wouldn't even imagine loving anyone else but him. So I thought for Valentine's Day I would just like to encourage anyone who is married: fight for your marriage! What God has drawn together, let no man separate! Battle those thoughts that would break down and divide,and instead forgive, be good, and bless...and pray about it, too. God's eyes are on the righteous, and on those who seek Him.

4 comments:

Martha said...

The butterflies... they still fly. :)

Mom said...

What a lovely post! Thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

I've been reading your blog for quite some time but never commented before. I loved this post! I love all your posts, but this one in particluar struck a chord with me. In these days of "disposable" marriages, it is wonderful to hear of someone else who takes "til death do us part" seriously. I have been married for 17 years and my husband still makes my heart flutter as well. God bless you and Paul and your family! Happy Valentines Day!

Mary Kate said...

Just beautiful! You are truly blessed! And, so am I! Happy Valentine's Day!