summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 12, 2011

saturday morning mayhem...

First, here is Mirielle's recipe for cream cheese brownies, stolen from the great and awesome Martha Stewart. Since brownie mix is so cheap, a buck a box, and so good, she just used a box (well, she actually used two and doubled this, but same idea...)

4 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons of butter, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons flour

cream it together, swirl into the prepared brownies before baking.

They are DEADLY good.

Suzane wants brownies for her class on Valentines day, so I bought some red miniture cupcake holders. Bite sized brownies will be easier to serve, and will look cute. We shall add some of our heart sprinkles...

Camille is asking me how old I am. She asked, "Are you eleven? Are you fourteen?" I told her I used to be....she knows she is three, so she asks everyone else how old they are.

We filled out the kids' Valentines for school last night. (I bought Winnie the Pooh and Sesame Street) I just sat with them and made sure they got them all. When Jon was all finished, he wrote "Fred" on the top of the page, and said, "We forgot Fred!" He then laughed so hard he almost fell out of his chair. 6 year old humor. The bad thing is I was laughing my head off too.

Kids are coming and going today. Some of them went to the gym, some are going ice skating with Abigail, Aaron is going to work, Joseph is playing the guitar, there is waffletown all over the livingroom floor...Jon is enjoying his day off. My day off is not today though...I have to do some laundry, and clean up the kitchen...and today I am going out to make the food for the Girl's party...

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Well.. I'm home, and you are probably not going to get much sleep tonight!! But it was so much fun, and I'm sure the lack of sleep will be worth it!! I think I haven't danced like that in a long time..