summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 7, 2011

outside!!!

Camille thinks she is supposed to close her eyes when she gets her picture taken. It takes a while to get one with her peeking...




Camille tastes the snow...do you like Charlotte Claire's gloves? She had two that were purple, which was very important to her, but they were both right handed...I had to convince her that it was more important that the thumbs were right than the color....

Rosie-The-Bad-Dog thought we were outside just to play with her....


















Char thought this would be a good idea. I did not think it would be a good idea.





Even Rosie didn't seem to think it was a good idea...



The sled went down without them, backwards, all the way down the hill, and the snow is too deep for ME to go and get it, and I was afraid that if they went to get it and got stuck, they would be there until the kids came home from school...because I cannot navigate through that deep snow. I thought I would try...not bad, I took two or three steps, and it was fun...then, uh-oh, I fell down deeper, to my knees..then even deeper...I fell backwards and sat there laughing my head off. I did not have snowpants on like the girls, I had leggings under my skirt....and the snow is kind of wet today...but I couldn't get up....Rosie thought it was Play Time. She was in my face and wagging her tail and trying to get some kisses...I couldn't get up...well, I finally did. I made my way back to the shoveled path, and stayed there. I helped the kids make a fort, and played race-around-the-van with Rosie. I also played fetch with her. She is pretty smart..she chases and retrieves snowballs...although there isn't much left for her to "drop" when she gets to me....
The girls are tired out now....so am I...
And Jennifer, you got it right that I am just venting about husbands...I love Paul so much, and even though I know darn well he loves me too, I still get my poor feelings hurt sometimes. I have always hated "husband bashing", and I would hate it if I found out Paul had a blog and was writing things he didn't like about me...although of course it would be a very short list.
Camille is sitting on the arm of my chair watching "Martha Speaks", and almost falling asleep. No matter how much I complain, believe me, I have a good life. Now I shall have my afternoon coffee, and perhaps crack into another Norwegian chocolate bar.....







4 comments:

Tereza said...

oh dont worry we know you arent bashing:) Lots to be thankful for!~eventhough sometimes there is a vent welling up!:)Hey they arent perfect~but neither are we!:):)

speaking of chocolate...I just had some chocolate chips mixed with shredded coconut and eaten out of a bowl with a spoon:):)I'm telling ya....it hit the spot!~but the chocolate you speak of sounds much yummier:)

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

where are you again that you are getting so much snow?

16 blessings'mom said...

Cindy..we live in central New York state, in Northern Cayuga county. The way the snow goes here is in bands of "lake effect snow", from Lake Ontario. Ontario is a snow machine. Depending on where these bands set up and which way they swing means a huge difference in snow totals. We just happen to live in a place that always gets hit...but east of the lake, and the eastern Adirondacks gets plenty too, more than us. We have gotten well over 100 inches this year, and more is coming down right now, all after school activities are cancelled....

mommeeof10 said...

So you are near the finger lakes? My parents live in Herkimer county and my sister lives north? of Rome. I can not find her house unless I follow mom, I get lost. I know she is North of the State park near the amusement park (Sylvan Beach?)