summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

off we go!!!

We are taking off in three hours. Today I have been tying up all the loose ends, like charging my phone so I can pack the charger, and brushing my hair so I can pack the hairbrush....as I brushed through my nice clean long tangly hair this morning, Mirielle asked me if she could please cut it...I hesitated, and before I knew it, she had the measuring tape in her hands....she said she could cut off a foot of hair, and it would still be long....I HAVE been getting sick and tired of brushing through the tangles...so, since it is her birthday, I let her play hair salon. She said if I REALLY let her play hair salon, my hair wouldn't just be cut...hmm...blonde?

Anyway, my hair is shorter and lighter, the registration and insurance cards ARE in the minivan glove-compartment, I am all packed and ready to go. Mirielle has to go to the bank to get some money for doing things with the kids when we are gone. She is taking them to Pizza Hut this afternoon to redeem their pizza coupons for school. She is also planning fun things for the rest of the week, like movies (there is a theatre not too far from here that charges only $1.75 for second run movies....), and possibly ice skating. I am thinking they will have a nice vacation, but ouchie for me. I am getting sadder about leaving....

Oh no, a monkey wrench...Mirielle just called me from the driveway, she checked the date on the van registration, it expired last July....how can that be? I think I am going to have to take a quick trip to the small city....blah.

2 comments:

Tereza said...

Have a WONDERFUL trip!!!

Angela said...

I know that you will have a wonderful time! Safe travels!