summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 11, 2018

happy dance...

Anne is here today. She is a little sunshine, when she's not being stormy, ha. But when she's a sunshine, everything is right in her world. She does the happy dance when she sees the dogs, when she gets a cracker, when she sees Char and Cam. She just makes us smile. She loves to sing songs with me, and cuddle, and when I do, "This Little Piggy", she is just tickled pink.

Kathryn is watching her this week, because tomorrow morning at the b-crack of dawn, I am going to Oregon with Emily. I was planning to have today as a get-things-done day, last minute shopping for stuff for these guys while I'm gone, a stop at the bank for some money in case they run out of something important, and some chlorine tablets for the pool. I wanted to have the whole live-long day, but then I went and signed up to work the Imagine Dragons concert at the amphitheater this afternoon. That means getting home at midnight, if I'm lucky, and then getting up at five a.m. to get to the airport. ugh.

But. I cannot complain. I am very excited about this trip. I have never been to Oregon.

Last night I packed, and let's just say that I'm an over-packer. But in my defense, I have gone on trips where I have seriously UNDER packed, and wondered what I was thinking, not having enough clean outfits for each day. Em and I are sharing a large checked bag, taking the economy flight out there, where you cannot even bring a carry-on. My purse is going to weigh like fifty pounds, with my laptop and five nutrition bars, because you never know, bacon jerky, gum and tic-tacs and emergency M&M's. The peanut ones, healthy-ish, ha. But if you're going to get hungry on a six hour flight across the country, it's better to have your own snacks...this flight isn't giving anything away except beverages. I have two pairs of glasses, my sunglasses, the wallet, the medicine baggie with a few of everything you can think of, just in case of headaches or the dreaded traveler's trots. There are bandaids in there, and a sunscreen stick, and a few pens, some napkins.

And here I sit...a million and one things to do, so off I go and hopefully I'll be blogging from Oregon!!!!



2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Della.......you have a GREAT time in Oregon with Emily. It is very beautiful. I ALWAYS over pack. I try not to, but always do..... You can sleep on the plane as it’s so boring.....don’t snort though 😂😂 I did that once....went with 2 women friends and fell asleep and woke up to a very loud snort!! The 3 of us had fits of giggles like a bunch of teenagers, not the sedate seniors that we are 😂😂😂😂

Marilyn from Canada


terre said...

oregon is beautiful!!!!! you are gonna love it! safe travels and enjoy the ID concert...it sounds pretty fun.

terre