summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 16, 2018

walking and wining

Out the door, up a hill and down the road...this house is built into a hillside, and walking around the block is KILLER. I went up that hill yesterday, at a very slow pace, and couldn't finish a sentence, sucking wind. Emily and Aaron had the dogs, and were carrying on normal conversations. I did not like it one little bit. I want to be in good shape, I do not want to be afraid of hills and steps. The only good thing is that my heart rate went back to normal pretty quickly after cresting the hill. But still, I hate it.

We went to a winery yesterday...the view was breathtaking. We tasted five wines, and bought one bottle. We then wandered around outside enjoying the mountains and vineyards, and explored a small cemetery.

I did take a nice picture, but my new phone isn't all set up yet so I can't send the pic anywhere yet. See, I have an iPad, which has my apple ID account set up on it, and my girls are the prime user of that iPad, and have changed the password, and cannot remember it. So, I have to jump through hoops in order to get my original contacts and contents restored in the new phone.

(The new phone is really nice, iPhone8 in rosegold. It has been so strange to be without one for so long...)

Paul arrives back in New York today, I have two more days here. Today we are going to a farmers' market in the city (Eugene), then tomorrow to the beach...the ocean.



1 comment:

Carol said...

It is so nice that you get to travel as much as you do. I bet you will be glad to get home to see Paul.