summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 18, 2018

leaving Oregon...with pictures finally!

The view from the winery...


With Emily and Aaron at the Saturday Market in Eugene. Now THAT was interesting. The women here seem to embrace aging in a way that I loved. The long gray braids, the Birkenstocks, the flowing skirts. There were hippies and free spirits and snippets of conversations overheard were filled with words like organic, and pesticides, and pureness. We got some tacos from a vendor truck, and yeah, they were good, fresh cilantro, fresh everything.


We did not behave ourselves at this establishment, Aaron and I shared an apple fritter. There were too many choices. I also sampled Emily's glazed maple sour cream donut. I did restrain myself from taking a selfie with the giant ape statue inside the shop. (as it was, when I stepped over and asked Em to take this pic, she was like, "Really, Mom?" Who cares?


Relaxing back at the house...


Some decadent butter cake out on the deck...


At the beach! It was sunny and warm, in the high eighties, even hit 90, but the coast was cooler and foggy...and rather creepy.




We stopped for a picnic on the way home, along this river.


The trees here just tower, they are majestic. It's beautiful. The Adirondacks are breathtaking, but out here, wow.


And no travel post would be complete without the obligatory pic of me in a different grocery store, this was in Fred Meyer, which we shopped at four times.


I don't know why we didn't take one at Albertson's or BiLo. What were we thinking?

We are heading to the airport soon, I hate saying goodbye. We have had an awesome time here, lots of laughs and adventures. I do hate saying goodbye.

Our flight has been delayed, we get home SO late, and are leaving for the cabin on Saturday. Evelyn says the pool is turning slightly green (NO!!!), but she's on it, adding some shock and an extra chlorine tablet. Paul misses me too, and it'll be good to be home...









3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Have a good trip home. You will hardly have time to catch your breath and you’ll be off again! Lovely photos 🤗

Marilyn from Canada

Michelle in FL said...

I love your donut statue pic, you are so much fun:) :)

T.L. said...

beautiful!